Ended MEAL Officer
Position: MEAL Officer
Reports to: Project Manager/Senior MEAL Officer
Duration: Till March 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the supervision of the Senior MEAL Officer, the MEAL Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The MEAL Officer will maintain all data, conduct relevant need assessments, ensure full compliance of rules and regulations for project implementation and developing frequent reports on all project activities.
The MEAL Officer will be responsible but not limited to:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and assist in proposing strategies to increase data use.
- Assist in clarifying project information needs.
- Create a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Define and implement key project performance.
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of project activities.
- Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, and data flow chart).
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or information resources.
- Ability to conduct evaluation processes such as assessments, baseline/endline, PDMs, DDMs ...ect.
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase project performances and results.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Write success stories of the beneficiaries receiving assistance.
- Prepare lessons learnt from the project activities.
- Collect and archieve photos received from the field.
- Archive the various reports and any other relevant documents with high confidentiality electronically and physically.
- Ensure high quality MEAL reports are submitted on time.
- Establish log frames, work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested by the Project Manager/Senior MEAL Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in information and/or management or any other relevant field.
- Advanced skills in data management (Advance Access/Excel) and capacity in info graphics software.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in managing data and/or MEAL in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
- Excellent report writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze MEAL data.
- Confident in interactions with other members of the team – eg. Able to be demanding / correctional of more senior staff.
- Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data management.
- Adopt a proactive approach to problem solving and work prioritization.
- Takes responsibility and initiative for finding out things and expanding own knowledge
- Perform other related duties, as required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, November 10, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.