Ended Executive Assistant
Terms of Reference
Division : General Management.
Reports to: Executive Director.
Duration: 6 months extendable.
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides executive, administrative, and development support to the ED and as well as the senior management team. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external communications on all matters pertaining to the ED. The Executive Assistant organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations.
- Provides comprehensive secretarial and support services to the Executive Director that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management, prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance, and makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, and agendas.
- Contributes to the overall development of the organization and its activities.
- Maintains and develops systems, procedures and records in line with the organization’s policies and objectives and as required.
- Ensures necessary records are maintained and can readily provide current, accurate and accessible information
- Conserves Executive Director's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to ED's programmatic initiatives.
- Represents the Executive Director by attending meetings in the executive's absence; speaking for the executive as and when necessary.
- Welcomes guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Director's office and internal programs and departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Executive Director, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Support the Executive Director in the preparation and presentation of reports, proposals, budgets and related activities and relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Writes error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements.
- Updates and maintains phone lists for ED and manages contacts' details using Outlook to conduct up-to-date database entry, tracks relations and correspondence.
- Accurately tracks expenses for the Executive Director by managing cash, accounts and receipts as required and when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion.
- Organizes and maintains files and records.
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, ensures that organization methods for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of organization strategic initiatives are applied.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions assigned by the ED.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Support the Executive Director in the preparation of all documentation required for the board and key decision making.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and staff meetings.
- Assist in facilitating cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans communications, and partnerships.
- Works with the executive team in coordinating the Executive Director's field visits and outreach activities.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Requirements;
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Strong work tenure: three to five years of experience supporting senior Executives, preferably in a non-profit organizations or international organizations.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Excellent command highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with high degree of discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com by Nov 20, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.