Field Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997 by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children. Since its inception, it has implemented over 80 development interventions in 18 out of the 22 governorates of Yemen benefiting over 5, 500,000 people. As a result, the organization has established itself among the most effective civil society organizations in Yemen that are working on issues related to health, education, and WASH in support of women, children, and youth. Operating out of its Headquarters in Sana’a and its offices in Taiz and Aden, SOUL, provides critical educational, health, and WASH services to urban and rural communities.
Job Title: Field Engineer (1).
Contract Type: Full Time.
Contract Duration: 6 Months.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The consultant will carry out and complete this assignment under the supervision of the project’s manager.
• Provide engineering technical advice to SOUL and to the communities and local stakeholders.
• Undertake and provide the necessary support to SOUL for the fulfilment of the rehabilitation & construction activities of the project in accordance with SOUL and partner agreed standards. Among others, in the:
a. Technical design and program of works (detailed engineering design),
b. Preparation and compliance with the necessary permits and approvals,
c. Contract preparation and procurement of the contractor and/or materials,
d. Supervise and ensure quality in the construction, rehabilitation, commissioning and oversee daily field operations.
• To report regularly, both verbally and in writing, to the Project Manager.
• Prepare and agree on a monthly work plan indicating activities and fieldwork based on project’s Work Plan.
• To ensure that gender and protection issues are fully taken into account and to ensure the participation of women in decision-making.
• To fulfill the foregoing, the consultant will have extensive, extended and frequent travel to the project sites
Qualifications & Experience:
• An academic background of Civil engineering. Computer drawing skills would be an advantage.
• Prior Three-years’ experience in construction and Civil engineering
• Experience in working in complex environments and large infrastructure and/or civil works, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision, understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
• The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations with good written and spoken English. The consultant will be expected to have his/her own computer.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل