Ended Senior Human Resources Officer
CARE International is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Officer, H/She will report to the HR Manager and will be responsible for all HR functions in their operations.
Senior Human Resources Officer
H/She is responsible for proper application of the HR policies and procedures, delivering the different activities on the various human resource functions & systems, which include staff payroll, compensations, benefits, personnel files, staffing and staff wellness.
Staff Payroll , Benefits and Compensation
- Data entry for staff information on CARE HR system.
- ESS & user set up in the payroll system.
- Prepare & process all staff salary and benefit sheets for accruals and payments, to be reviewed by HR Manager on a timely manner
- Focal point for system needs to be in contact with FOCUS company.
- Ensure staff monthly payroll slips are up to date and available for staff through the ESS system
- Assist in the periodic salary review and analysis, and review and revision of new salary structure, as appropriate
- Ensure all supporting documents are submitted accurately and on time (HR payroll report, contracts extensions, variations, terminations, resignations, clearances, EOS & deductions.
- Assist staff on technical needs for the HR system.
- Prepare staff end of service sheets for payments through the system, to be reviewed by HR Manager
- Ensure all supporting documents are uploaded in the system
- Ensure all staff time sheets are received, audited and shared with finance team.
- Work closely with the CO HR Officers on leave tracking system and ensure the leave balances are updated and shared with Head of Department on a monthly basis.
- Report to the HRM any leave discrepancies and/or issues on staff leaves immediately.
- In charge of all staff exit process (resignations, terminations, end of contracts).
- Carry out the exit interview with leavers and ensure proper follow of any reported issues and arrange for it to be filled.
- Arrange and follow up for final payment for all staff EOS entitlements and ensure supporting documents are properly submitted and filed.
- Ensure the proper and accurate tracking of leave all other types of leave within CARE Yemen HR manual.
- Assist in managing the Health insurance system and agreement.
- Assist in managing the Life insurance system and agreement.
- Assist in reviewing and conducting surveys to ensure HR related policies and procedures are up to date and shared across the Office.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contracts, contract extensions, variations, clearances and End of Service procedures for all country office level staff.
- Assist the HRM in managing processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Respond to employee related queries and provide services to all HR related inquiries and requests.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager to provide support in managing staff wellness through CARE policies and also through psychosocial support.
- Supervise and provide oversight to the HR Assistant to ensure that the following are carried out and maintain overall accountability that these tasks are completed:
- Ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date - personnel files, management of leave, management of contracts, administration of health insurance scheme, providing reports to Country Office. Ensure confidentiality is maintained in regard to all sensitive personnel data.
- Ensuring all HR documents are received, audited and followed up on CARE Yemen related HR documents (PARs, contracts, etc.) to maintain an organized and efficient filing system.
- Ensure that all staff personnel file documents are scanned for CI documentation compliance and Donor compliance.
- Provide all required HR documents during audits with HR Manager Approval.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of all staff and HR information.
- Provide support to CO& Area HR staff for HR updates and trainings in close coordination with the HR Manager.
- Ensure quality of work of the HR Assistant.
- Provide coaching and advice to the HR Assistant.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or Business Administration or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in human resources field, preferably with INGOs.
- Accounting background is preferred
- Familiar with HR systems such as dealing with payroll & staff benefits
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel is a must.
- Supervisor and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency written and spoken in English and Arabic
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by November 11, 2019 to email@example.com
with the subject heading ‘Senior HR Officer”. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.