Ended FSL Project Assistant (2)
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
02 FSL Project Assistant - Hajjah
The Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Project Assistant will implement activities in an effort to address food insecurity and poor nutrition levels in the governorate. This FSL programme is comprised of unconditional food transfers and Cash for Work/Food for work and community infrastructure projects,. The project Assistants will have a diverse workload and assist FSL Officers in all or some of the following: community sensitization and mobilization, beneficiary selection and registration processes, training, distribution, and construction, and monitoring across a range of different Food for Peace (FFP) project components. Exact tasks will be determined by the Programme Manager and be dependent on skills and interests.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Sensitize local authorities and communities to the project’s objectives, activities, and selection criteria.
- Ensure beneficiary selection criteria are understood by local authorities and community members and that project beneficiaries have been identified according to SCI’s economic, vulnerability and target criteria.
- Assist in running community meetings and workshops in a participatory and inclusive manner, to ensure that project activities are developed in consultation with communities and consider vulnerable groups.
- Conduct trainings with community members or target groups on various topics, as required.
- Collect and maintain lists of all beneficiaries with each project activity, to be input by Data Assistant.
- Under the direction of the FSL Programme Coordinator and Project Officer, provide support with the other Assistant to each project activity according to needs and to ensure timely delivery. Activities may include:
- Unconditional food Transfers: Conduct beneficiary identification, selection and registration, Oversee food transfers and verify beneficiaries at distribution points.
- Asset Creation: Assist Project Officer in assessing sites, preparing BoQs and designs, and following procurement.
- Cash for Work/ Food for Work: Assist Community Mobilizer in developing beneficiary and distribution lists, collecting attendance lists, following up work progress, cash/voucher/asset transfer, and managing CFW monitors.
- Child Protection/Safeguarding: Facilitate training for all staff and beneficiaries on child safeguarding topics.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Verify that the FSL Database Assistant has a complete beneficiary database that is regularly updated.
- Follow-up on feedback from M&E Officer and Accountability Assistants to ensure that all findings are addressed and adjustments made to projects throughout implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and troubleshoot, submitting reports to the Programme Officer.
- Assist in FSL assessments, surveys, data collection, and analysis as required by Project Officers.
- Assist Project Officers and Programme Manager in compiling regular progress reports (narrative and data).
Any additional tasks as requested by the line manager.
- High school certificate is the minimum qualification, but institute diploma or continued education preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two years of experience working with International NGOs.
- One year experience working in Community Mobilization activities (ex. extension/outreach work, campaign and awareness raising, thematic promotion activities with communities, gathering people)
- Experience working in food security, public health, nutrition, construction, and/or education activities.
- Ability to organize time and manage multiple tasks on different topics at one time.
- Good attitude, hardworking, and able to take initiative and problem solve independently.
- Ability to verbally communicate with rural populations (in Arabic) and resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of the areas of intervention (Hodeida or Hajjah) and ability to relate with stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, sometimes in difficult or insecure circumstances.
- Experience supervising others is preferred.
- Computer skills to create and input into Word and Excel documents and navigate the internet and email.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants please apply direct Here
The deadline for receiving applications is 12th /11/2019.