Ended Caregiver (مربية اطفال)
Caregiver (مربية اطفال)– Sana’a CO
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The role holder will be responsible for all tasks related to care of staff children in the office. The caregiver will serve as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion to children and to provide a safe, caring, stimulating environment in which the children thrive and develop. General responsibilities include undertaking most all tasks related to the children’s care in office. The caregiver is responsible for keeping the children’s areas neat and tidy in addition to providing attentive, high quality childcare.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children.
- The responsibility of feeding children using the food brought by parents to the facility.
- Perform work related to child care, including cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas, and washing bottles.
- Changing diapers.
- Place the children down for naps and bedtime.
- Dressing children appropriately.
- Supervising children's meals and snacks.
- Scheduling and coordinating children's activities.
- Undertaking appropriate creative activities with the children based on the children’s age.
- Undertaking appropriate educational activities and reading with the children based on the children’s age.
- Implementing daily routines.
- Track attendace of children and movement
- Doing light housework in the office on-site child care.
- Running errands.
- Adherence to child safeguarding and child protection guidelines in addition to Save the Children policies and procedures
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Commitment to Save the Children Values
- High school graduate.
- Further training in child care and development such as a formal nanny training program, early childhood classes and/or in-service training
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate/ Training
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Proven child care experience with references
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Kindly apply through below link
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.