Ended Health Information System Officer
Health Information System Officer – Based in Taiz
Design format for field data collection and to ensure all health information related to programs are consolidated and represented to facilitate analysis. Monitoring the progress of the program against the target. Facilitating all Human resources related activities for health workers, with full coordination with program officer and coordinator to ensure capacity-building plan is done and implemented products.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager
Staff reporting to this post HIS assistant.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Help RH officer in training the new staff in information system formats and make sure that all concern people at health facility level understand the reporting system.
- Collect, Revise, enter daily, weekly and monthly reports into health database, including online systems, and ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Analyse data per each targeted sites and illustrates the achievement for each week and month.
- Provide coaching to key staff on the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and revise the reports before submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports and databases.
- With support of RH officer, develop Individual monthly and or quarterly plans for refresher trainings and on job coaching of facility staff on reporting
- Urgently inform the Health RH officer and coordinator of any disease outbreaks and consult on the mitigation plan.
- With coordination with RH officer to follow all human resource needs for health staff. Like ( ID card, Emails, medical insurance,…….) with focal person for HR.
- Prepare the payment sheet for incentive staff and volunteers in monthly basis and submitted to Finance.
- Analyse the data and prepare weekly and monthly report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement and advice on the actions that need to be taken in liaison with the program officer and coordinator.
- To help in conducting health surveys and according to the needs.
- Documentation of all document related for the project, including reports, data base, and MEMOs .assessment reports.
- Provide support in preparing up to date and accurate data on targeted districts (villages, population, targeted areas.
- Participate in data and reporting training, and in making various registration forms, sheets, survey outputs, reporting forms.
- Maintain data entry backup on regular basis,(hard and soft)
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Take up any job related assignment as requested by supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in computer sciences or IT, medical background will be an essential.
- Preferable has statistics experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Has experience clinical management not less than two years.
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with community.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Experience in using computer programs (word, excel..act).
- Commitment to SCI mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety),
- Previous experience with other INGOs will be an asset
- Team spirt
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
To apply for this job please click on Health Information System Officer