Ended Pharmacist Officer
Pharmacist officer – Based in Taiz
Under overall guidance and supervision of project manager, the pharmacist will support the daily operational management of all pharmacies and pharmacist activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for pharmacists, ensure timely flow of information to and from field, this position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate pharmacies in delivery according to national protocol and donor standard. In addition, support the project in term of regulating the consumption of all medication items.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepares medication in SCI pharmacy store and hands-over medications and medical supplies to the targeted Health facilities (HFs) in SCI operating areas.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labelling of pharmaceuticals; verifying orders requested.
- Managing stock movement (bin card, stock card, reports). And insure that stores are maintained according to the drugs standards, protocol and donor stander.
- Collecting and Submitting of monthly consumption reports to Reproductive Health Officer.
- Maintain appropriate inventory on pharmaceutical and medical supplies. In warehouses and Health facilities.
- Work closely with GHO and DHO to ensure progress of project activities.
- Preparation of donation certificate, waybill for distribution of items to the targeted sites under supervision of Reproductive Health Coordinator.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort to achieve project results.
- Updating and entering the data to drugs management systems including online systems
- Insure that no shortage of medicines and medical supplies in HFs from available stock.
- Capacity building of MOH and Save the Children staff through supervision, training in drug/stock management and record keeping.
- Accomplish any additional task related to this position and project.
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Take up any job related assignment as requested by supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Bachelor degree in pharmaceutical sciences.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2years of relevant work experience in pharmacy, ideally including in humanitarian – health INGO
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from line managers.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites and HFs regularly.
- Strong English and Arabic language skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent computer skills and especially good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings.
- Strong experience in GIK management.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good information seeking skills and analytical approach.
- Good knowledge of essential drugs, consumables and equipment. Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
To apply for this job please click on Pharmacist officer