Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Haydan hospital – Saada governorate.
Length of contract: one year fixed term contract (renewable).
Contract type: Full time contract.
Opening date: 4/11/2019
MSF supports the following departments in Haydan MOH hospital: ER, pediatric IPD with ITFC and NBU, maternity, OPD with ATFC.
After the first phase of construction, we expect to start surgery in March 2020, with implementation of OT, surgical wards and adult ICU.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out pre-operative consultations and all anaesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Essential, Doctor Anaesthetist diploma.
- Two years desirable working experience. in a hospital environment as an Anaesthetist
- Experience with MSF or other NGO Desirable.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives.
- High motivation, flexibility, quick learning and team working.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and English.
Applications must be addressed in English.
Candidates should submit CV and motivation letter, License, Anaesthetist diploma, to the following: Médecins Sans Frontières/France- Saadah
Deadline for application: 26th of November 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.
Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendation letters) will not be returned.