FFA Project Engineer
JOB TITLE: FFA Project Engineer
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: International, EVSVL, Yemen, Amran
JOB FAMILY: Program
LEVEL: National, D2
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to the injustice of poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: Increasingly, Oxfam in Amran / Sa’adah seeks to shift away from unconditional food assistance Programs towards more livelihoods and resilience based conditional food assistance interventions. To do so, Oxfam continues to scale up its Food security and Resilience (FS&R) Programs throughout the country – including , cash Assistance for Assets (FFA) and Smallholder Agricultural Market Support (SAMS).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Re-assess the rehabilitation works in pre-implementation stage.
- Prepare a time-bound and detailed work/ implementation plan, to implement every activity
- Hand over the sites to the constructor in close coordination with the stakeholders
- Supervise all the project activities at the field level and follow up the project cycle
- Submit financial deliverables in coordination with the stakeholders
- Submit weekly reports which include onsite observation of the activity implementation corroborated by visual documentation such as phots
- Constant coordination with the team supervisors of the project to provide them with the vital info on the project delivery
- Update a timetable regularly to avoid any deviation from the intended project objectives, and goals.
- Identify, set the procedures, and check the contractors’ activities to ensure that the construction works on site meet Quality Control requirements and implementation criteria
- Identify and control any environmental risks involved, if any, that can affect the site or the neighboring domestic areas around the site.
- Ensure effective and timely coordination between Contractors and CFW beneficiaries .
- Check that the work carried out by project team or contractors is being implemented as per the agreed guidelines and instructions and that it is completed satisfactorily and identify any shortcomings.
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance with security procedures, protocols, and controls to maintain the safety of the construction site' users and ensure that all project personnel are well briefed and well informed of the required procedures and protocols to maintain their safety and security.
- Performs other duties as assigned by EVSVL Team Lead/ PM
Provide technical support and engineering expertise for the successful, timely completion, assessment and follow- up of CFW Projects before, while and after the maintenance works, and contribute to the implementation of CFW activities and temporary learning classes construction phases in the selected sites within the project areas.
REPORTING LINES: Postholder reports to FFA Project Supervisor/ Team Lead, Khamer Office, Amran, Yemen
Qualification and skills required:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a respectable university
- 4 years’ experience in designing studies and supervision
- Experience in project management
- Experience in pricing and analyzing the costs of work items
- Experience in preparing BoQ and inventory lists/ framework.
- Experience in writing reports
- Experience in the preparation of time tables to achieve the works and time-bound schemes to implement the activities
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English
- Using the computer professionally and Microsoft Software Word, Excel, PowerPoint, access.etc.
- Must be Yemeni and able to adapt to the site circumstances
- Creating and activating a line of communication among all the project staff
- Ability to use the electronic maps and GPS coordinates
- Experience in the analysis of construction-related bids and making the suggestions necessary.
- Experience in preparing the specifications for the construction works
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent teamworking skills and conflict resolution within the team
- Proactively support the EFSVL Team Lead to figure out solutions to the problems and challenges faced during the implementation of the project activities.
Please, Interested candidates, are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application : https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/11590/description
The deadline is 20-November-2019