Ended Project Officer (FFA)
JOB TITLE: Project Officer (FFA)
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: International, EFSVL, Yemen, Amran
JOB FAMILY: Programme
LEVEL: National, D2
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to the injustice of poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: This post will be part of the Oxfam Yemen- Amran team to extend full-lengthsupport to Amran EFSVL team involved in the implementation, delivery and management of the FFA project that aims to support the affected host communities and IDPs in Amran
JOB PURPOSE: Increasingly, Oxfam in Amran / Saada seeks to shift away from unconditional food assistance programmes towards more livelihoods and resilience based conditional food assistance interventions. To do so, Oxfam continues to scale up its Food security and Resilience (FS&R) programmes throughout the country – including , cash Assistance for Assets (FFA) and Smallholder Agricultural Market Support (SAMS).
REPORTING LINES: Postholder reports to FFA Supervisor Office, Amran.
- To carry out Food Security and Livelihood activities that target local and conflict-affected communities as per program planning, instruction provided and in line with Oxfam policies, procedures, guidelines and agreed standards, ensuring proper recording and traceability of the activities carried out.
- Overall technical support necessary for the delivery of CFW project – designing, planning and costing inputs (labour, finance and materials), technical assistance and capacity building support to Oxfam`s staff, site supervisors, group leaders and the community committees to produce outputs; coordination of day-to-day activities;
- Support Oxfam `s staff to sensitize the targeted communities, mobilize and organize eligible beneficiary households to participate in the project activities, including enlisting and reporting the eligible beneficiaries to Oxfam.
- To work with other team members to develop clear, realistic and achievable work plans for carrying out CFW activities as per the predefined guidelines and instructions.
- To participate in follow-up and monitoring of the progress of the CFW activities implementation in the targeted areas, ensuring high quality delivery.
- Compilation of quality situational reports received from Oxfam staff and site supervisors, doing the necessary review of reports submitted before sharing our with the project supervisor.
- To extend full-length support and participate in implementation of Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods (EFSVL) activities.
- Work closely with site supervisors / public offices to ensure that programme is implemented in line with Oxfam policy, code of conduct and agreed standards (as per approved project plans).
- To facilitate and collaborate with the MEAL team to ensure that baseline and endline surveys, onsite monitoring, PDM and DDM are carried out in an appropriate and timely manner and that complaint and feedback mechanisms are in place.
- To participate in beneficiary data collection for doing EFSVL assessments and ensure that qualitative, quantitative and accurate data is collected to better inform the reports. .
- To ensure that data collected are properly disaggregated for gender analysis, encourage mainstreaming of gender into food security and livelihoods recovery programming by increasing knowledge of the partner, community structures and beneficiary communities through trainings/ awareness raising sessions and incorporating gender data in program monitoring and design.
- A university degree in relevant field (humanitarian assistance and/ or development, economics and management, political and social studies with a management focus)
- A minimum of tow (2) years’ experience in a relevant senior position
- A minimum of three (3) years field experience with NGOs
Skills and qualities
- Remarkable interpersonal, communication and reporting skills
- Remarkable organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Remarkable intercultural skills.
- Knowledge of donor’s policies, guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to work under work and time pressure
- Proactively support the Team Lead find a suitable solution for any challenges or restrictions faced.
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic mandatory (Spoken and written)
- Strong command of Microsoft programme including word, excel, PowerPoint..etc.
Please, Interested candidates, are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application : https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/11592/description
The deadline is 20-November-2019