Ended FFA Project Supervisor
JOB TITLE: FFA Project Supervisor
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: International, EFSVL, Yemen, Amran
JOB FAMILY: Program
LEVEL: National, D1
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to the injustice of poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: This post is part of EFSVL program led by Oxfam in Yemen- and the postholder is expected to extend full-length support to the current EFSVL team in Amran who are engaged in the implementation, delivery and management of the FFA project work among the affected host communities and IDPs in Amran and Sa’adah
JOB PURPOSE: Increasingly, Oxfam in Amran / Sa’adah seeks to shift away from unconditional food assistance programs towards more livelihoods and resilience based conditional food assistance interventions. To do so, Oxfam continues to scale up its Food security and Resilience (FS&R) programs throughout the country – including , cash Assistance for Assets (FFA) and Smallholder Agricultural Market Support (SAMS).
REPORTING LINES: The Postholder is to report to EFSVL Supervisor, Team Lead, and PM, Khamer Office, Amran.
As an FFA supervisor, he/she will be responsible for the leading , coordination and supervision of the newly implemented Cash for Work (C4W) project in Amran and Sa’adah , ensuring and maintaining utmost compliance with WFF quality and accountability standards.
- To ensure timely planning and implementation of project activities as per the predefined project workplan and log frame.
- To ensure proper monitoring of the project activities according to agreed objectives, indicators, work plan and budget
- To ensure effective supervision of project implementation through good management of the project team and carry out monitoring site visits on a regular basis to ensure high quality delivery of the project.
- To oversee the procurement of all materials requisite for the implementation of CFW project
- To ensure correct utilization of, and full compliance with donor finance, logistics, administration and HR guidelines
- To ensure proper and regular program reporting according to Donor standards and as per the reporting schedule.
- To ensure implementing the feasibility assessment to investigate most appropriate strategy to run the cash for work project (areas of intervention, identification mechanism of cash for work, potential partnerships, beneficiaries’ selection etc.).
- To act as a focal point and representing Oxfam in coordination forums (clusters, technical working groups) at field level once delegated by the Team Lead and/or PM with a view of supporting the development of program and learning from lessons and work-related experiences shared by other INGOs or humanitarian agencies.
- To ensure a monthly follow up of the project indicators and ensure that all activities are implemented with the defined timeline and budget.
- To ensure eligibility and good utilization of funds allocated for the project activities according to the donor guidelines and conditions.
- With support of admin department, he/she is responsible for the recruitment of project team.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by EFSVL TL.
- A university degree in relevant field (humanitarian assistance and/ or development, economics and management, political and social studies with a management focus)
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a relevant senior position
- Proven experience of Cash for work Management including budget responsibility of high volumes
- A minimum of five (5) years field experience with NGOs
Skills and qualities
- Good analytical skills and leadership qualities
- Remarkable communication and reporting skills
- Remarkable organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Remarkable interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Knowledgeable about the donor’s policies and requirements.
- Ability to work under time and work pressure
- Being proactive
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic mandatory (oral and written)
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Package: World, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel to and within Amran, Sa’adah.
Please, Interested candidates, are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application : https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/11586/description
The deadline is 20-November-2019