Ended Training Officer
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Training Officer – Based in Taiz
SCI is implementing SFPS|USAID project which is a development project with focus on building the capacity of the government staff including MoPHP, GHO, DHO and Health facility level. Many training were targeted in this project including family planning package trainings for all the 220 targeted health facility. The Training officer will be responsible for handling administrations and communications of Training & Leadership programs
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Reproductive Health Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Act as a point of contact of all training enquiries
- Plan and coordinate training familiarization programmer
- Ensure using the updated guidelines
- Ensure integrating the donor compliance requirements in all the project related trainings.
- Support the Field supervisors to provide quality on-job trainings in health facility level by ensure provision of all the updated materials and supported documents.
- Manage training schedule
- Administer all-rounded training logistics, such as managing schedules, training venue booking, preparing attendance, meal order, set up and maintaining proper training facilitates
- Liaise and confirm with internal parties/ external vendors for all training arrangements
- Maintain an up-to-date trainee profile and staff development record including Learning Management System management
- Handle enquiries from internal staff on course enrolment, attendance and training records
- Participate in delivery and facilitation of induction and other training activities when required
- Coordinate with overseas institution for external education that is required for job-related professional membership
- Prepare post-workshop evaluation summary for management review
- Support in other ad-hoc projects assigned by the supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BA degree on reproductive health / or medical science, public health back ground
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BA degree on reproductive health / or medical science, public health back ground and 2+ Bachelor’s Degree in medical background, GP, Midwifery, or Nurse
- Demonstrated 2 years of experience
- Pro-active, persuasive, ability to work under stress.
- Good team management.
- A very good understanding of at least of key technical areas of reproductive health programming.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS office
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
To apply for this job please click on Training Officer