Ended Pharmacist Assistant
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Pharmacist Assistant – Based in Taiz
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist Officer, the Pharmacist Assistant will dedicate his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of activities related to management of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, as well as data management in pharmacies, in line with Save the Children procedures.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Pharmacist Officer
Staff reporting to this post: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Implement an effective drugs management system, in line with Save the Children procedures in the SCI supported health facilities.
- Conduct regular field visits to train the staff and track the consumption of the medical items.
- Monitor and document temperature and humidity of the Warehouses, pharmacies and temperature of fridges.
- Train and supervise clinic staff to organise drugs and medical supplies for easy distribution.
- Ensure appropriate stock movement records are in place, kept up-to-date, and make physical inventory.
- Develop forecasting for medical supplies, medicines according to the consumption reports from the health facilities.
- Assess pharmacy needs in health facilities including storage and security.
- Follow the storage and transportation conditions of these drugs to ensure their quality.
- Collecting and submitting monthly consumption reports and supply information in a timely manner with supervisor and all stakeholders.
- Ensuring information gathered is regularly and accurately recorded, collation and analysis of information for further dissemination, monitoring, documenting and reporting on project
- Conduct training on drug management and supply chain management with key staff as required.
- Communicate key risks that cannot be resolved to the Country Management Team.
- Ensure appropriate use of Medications according to MOPHP guidelines, protocols and donor standard.
- Ensure the standard in the field drug stores and close coordination with MoPHP, GHO and DHO for restricted items.
- Other duties as assigned by line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in pharmaceutical sciences.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Competent Pharmacist with significant experience in managing medical supply chains.
- Experience of warehousing, stock control and transport and distribution of goods.
- Good knowledge of essential drugs, consumables and equipment.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Able to effectively engage with communities, including children, and health officials
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Able to work in a stressful and changing environment with limited resources
- Computer literate including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good information seeking skills and analytical approach
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
To apply for this job please click on Pharmacist Assistant