Ended Finance Assistant
Update: This link Finance Assistant has been updated
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Finance Assistant – Based in Taiz
The Field Finance Assistant (FFA) is responsible for daily financial operations of Save the Children International Yemen as per Save the Children International Yemen Country Office (SCI-Y CO) Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining good working relationships with staff and suppliers
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist FFO in maintaining complete books of accounts, as per SCI-Y CO Finance Manual.
- Assist FFO in disbursement of bank & cash payments in line with valid Scheme of Delegation, SCI-Y Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Ensures that all payments should have complete authorization of respective Budget Holder as per SCI-Y Scheme of Delegation.
- Assist field Finance team during Internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorized third party review of financial records.
- Familiar with Award Management System (AMS) & utilize it to understand donor financial compliance requirements pertaining to cash & bank transactions.
- Assists FFO in submission of all Internal & external financial reports.
- Assist & ensure that petty cash is used only for authorized transactions.
- Assist & ensure that petty cash should be maintained within the authorized maximum minimum limits & is top-up on regularly basis & also safety & security of petty cash.
- Assist & ensure that all petty cash is reconciled at all the times. Physical weekly & month end checking is done by non-finance staff. Any short/ overage of cash balances should be reported to FFO immediately.
- Ensure all cheques and cash payments are cancelled by affixation of PAID stamp.
- File all payment vouchers and financial documents appropriately and chronologically.
- Assist & ensure that all financial data filing system in place and hard & scanned archiving of data is completed on regularly basis and archived data is maintained in a systematic / easily accessible manner
- Assist FFO in preparation of monthly Effort report.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to field manager
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance field officer
- Assist the financial field officer in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, also ensures that any critical issues should be raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous 1-2 years’ financial management experience with good numeracy skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Good MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organization and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Good communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
To apply for this job please click on Finance Assistant