Ended Movement Cooperation Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Movement Cooperation Officer
Contract type : Open-ended
Number of posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Hodeidah
Movement Cooperation Officer contributes to developing and implementing the delegation's objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the local operating National Society (NS). S/he contributes to building positive relationships between the ICRC and other Movement components, particularly the NS of the country where s/he is assigned.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NS by working closely with colleagues and the NS to develop joint procedures and partnership agreements; develops the partnership skills of the ICRC and Movement partners.
- Identifies the NS’s strengths and weaknesses to better set strategy and objectives for capacity-building and clearly communicates them to colleagues (also communicates the NS’s specific auxiliary status to State authorities).
- Takes trips to the field to prepare and attend joint assessments and/or contribute to NS capacity-building.
- Maintains an open line of communication with NS technical staff on capacity-building needs and support.
- Provides support to the NS on legal and statutory matters.
- Contributes to maintaining a constant overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs; contributes to organizing various Movement meetings; supports the Movement Cooperation Coordinator on issues related to coordination within the Movement.
- Ensures that the NS provides operational and financial reports on a regular basis and according to established formats and procedures; provides training and regular coaching in financial management and reporting to NS staff.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Computer proficiency.
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (inside or outside the ICRC).
- Minimum 2–3 years' experience as Movement Cooperation Officer 1 or 1-2 years’ international humanitarian work experience with the ICRC or any other Movement Component (NS and/or International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies).
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating in the subject line: Movement Cooperation Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 17.11.2019