Ended Capacity Building Specialist
Vacancy Announcement – Capacity Building Specialist
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Capacity Building Specialist
Location: Aden with regular visits to Lahj and Aldhalee
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Manages the project team in the area, ensuring that activities are planned and delivered on time, notifies the Project Manager of any hold ups. Maintaining regular communication with the Project Manager, acting as think link between him/her and the rest of the project team.
- Organizes and participates in external meetings as requested.
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection and humanitarian principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
- Responsible for the timely and quality implementation of the activities in the area of implementation of the project. Assists the Project Manager in the planning of the activities.
- Supervises the implementation of the activities done by the Officers.
- Prepares the activities material in close cooperation with the Project Officers, the Capacity Building Specialist and the Project Manager.
- Working closely with the AME team to ensure AME activities are undertaken and reports are used to inform further programming.
- Contributing to planning, suggestions for improving implementing project activities and participate in problems solving.
- Refers project needs to the relevant FLATS departments, through the correct documentation and follow up.
- Follow up with Finance department notably on the processes of advances opening and closure.
- Follow up with HR department regarding his/her team.
- Follows up with Logistic department notably on the procurement process and the on the car rental process.
- Receives and consolidates the Officers’ reports on the activities implemented.
- Drafts project reports to be sent to the Project Manager for consolidation.
- Coordinate with the Base Database Assistant and Database Officer to ensure the data entry.
- Gets photos from the Officers and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
- Strengthen awareness of project activities and ensure acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication.
- Immediately report all incidents.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Bachelor Degree (Masters preferred) in learning development or education management and business administration, or any related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Change Management and Capacity building (Training & Development).
- Experience of at least 2 years in implementation of projects with emphasis on training and change management.
- Experience of having led business process reengineering/process improvement engagements is desirable.
- Experience in training.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail:
“Capacity Building Specialist – Aden” and rename your CV as First & Last name +Capacity Building Specialist.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 20 November 2019.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification