Job Title: M&E Manager
Location : Aden/ Yemen
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager to be based in Aden. The ideal candidate should have worked in an M&E position for at least four years especially in health, nutrition, environmental health, food security and livelihoods, education, women`s empowerment or related technical sectors. The M&E Manager will be responsible for ensuring that program teams are supported to carry out their planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities. The role will contribute to overall program quality through the conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies, including developing high quality written products. The emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for program reach, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the various IRC sectors and departments. This position will based in Aden but will require frequent travel to the field. The M&E Manager will technically supervise M&E staff in Aden, Al Dhale, Abyan, Shabwa and report to the MEAL Coordinator based in Aden.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that the IRC's global monitoring for action (MfA) standards are implemented for improved program quality and use of data within the organization. As part of this, champion an organizational culture shift from a focus on data being primarily for donor reporting or indicator tracking to using data for programmatic course correction and decision making
- Contributing to the rollout of IRC global strategic initiatives related to measurement including adapting in-country tools where needed to enable reporting against IRC global standards and requirements
- Developing project specific monitoring and indicator tracking tools in consultation with program teams
- Streamlining data flow processes, storage, management, cleaning, verification and timely reporting on program performance for all sectors
- Leading the planning and implementation of periodic field monitoring exercises and data quality assessments including dissemination of findings and follow up of action points
Evaluation, Learning and Documentation
- Ensuring relevant, timely, and quality support to IRC Yemen technical sectors on assessments, surveys and evaluations including developing data collection tools, recruitment and training of enumerators, setting up mobile devices and supervision of data collection, supporting data analysis, report writing and dissemination of findings
- Providing technical guidance during periodic data review meetings with Program Coordinators/Managers as part of monitoring for action and learning.
- When appropriate/applicable, facilitating and participating in information sharing opportunities among IRC partners/donors, including requests for documentation and information from third party monitors.
- Maintaining a proper filing/archiving/storage system for all M&E resources including data collection tools, datasets, reports, SOPs, strategies among others
Supervision and Managing a Team
- Supervising and supporting a team of M&E Officers including setting performance objectives, mentoring and coaching them
- Holding weekly team meetings with the M&E Officers and Assistants, and representing the MEAL team during weekly Senior Management Team coordination meetings in Aden.
- Creating a cohesive team environment through fostering open communication and providing constructive feedback and support to all team members
- Identifying professional development opportunities for M& E Officers and Assistants with a focus on knowledge and skills related to monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Conducting visits to field sites to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that M&E and learning tools are understood and being implemented effectively
Candidate selection will be based on the criteria described below.
- University degree in Statistics, Information Technology, Social Sciences or other relevant fields. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of four years’ experience in an international NGO in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation specifically in a humanitarian context.
- Experienced in developing and using mobile technology especially CommCare, ONA, KOBO and PowerBI for data collection, management, analysis and visualization
- High proficiency in Excel, SPSS or any other data analysis software
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=7097
Deadline for Applying: November 20, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.