Office Coordinator (Re Advertise)
Location: Shabwa, Yemen
Position: Office Coordinator (Re Advertise)
Reports to: Area Manager
Duration: Till November 30, 2020
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, non-profit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Office Coordinator will lead Shabwa Field Office, which will be working on WASH, FSL, Health and Nutrition activities/programs across the Shabwa Governorate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Programs and External relationships Management
- Oversee the management of all programmers in Shabwa, oversight of project implementation plans, assess progress of implementation of activities against plans on monthly basis, and document the progress and action corrective measures as and when required.
- Track budget spending and support the preparation of financial reports and review process.
- Ensure appropriate participation of staff in program management and decision making and raise necessary issues at Senior Management Meetings held at Area level.
- Represent Relief International in inter agencies meetings and at Governorate level meetings with government officials.
- Liaise with local/government authorities (Ministries, Governorate MOPIC, National Security etc.) and participate in meetings and assemblies initiated by local government, NGOs, other stakeholders, and communities.
Office/ Operations Management
- In close coordination with Area Manager and all operations staff, optimally manage the field offices, guest houses, vehicles and other assets including adherence of staff to Relief International's policies and guidelines.
- Ensure Relief International's standards and procedures in terms of procurement, travel, and asset management are followed.
- Maintain clear overview of the security, political and legal context.
- Ensure all staff in the area of operations adheres to the safety and security guidelines.
Programs Design and Management
- In close coordination with Project Managers, Area Program Manager, Area Manager and Technical Advisors and DCD Programs import the Quality of programming that shows impact.
- Provide the needed support in the conduct of assessments in consideration of future program development and evaluation.
- Help in drafting/developing concept and ensure that pro improve the quality of programming that shows impact papers and proposals with staff, Project Managers, and other Technical Advisors as requested.
- Help staff build on synergies and integration among all projects.
- Support and represent Relief International in coordination, program learning and capacity building networks/forums.
- Participate in local based coordination with governmental organizations, NGOs and partners.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Manage, mentor and motivate the staff in the field to undertake their roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the team.
- Ensure that all team staff understand and are able to perform their roles in humanitarian programs.
- Manage team, define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
- Ensure the recruitment, training and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process.
- Manage the performance of all staff in the team through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Provide coaching and mentoring and facilitate other developmental opportunities. Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans
- Oversee the quality of the Shabwa office operations by getting structures together, standards operationalized and required staffing and resources available.
- Support the Human Resources team to develop, maintain and implement the HR strategy. Follow Relief International's standards and procedures in terms of supervision, recruitment and evaluation of staff under his/her supervision.
Safety and Security Management at the field level:
- Regular coordination with Area Manager, Humanitarian Access Manager and Safety Security Officer, ensures that security management and preparedness plans are in place and regularly updated and being followed at the field level.
- In collaboration with the Field Office SS Assistant and Area SS team, ensure that RI’s safety and security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in the Field level.
- Ensure all program field staff are fully briefed on all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behavior.
- Responsible for promoting RI’s acceptance and security and safety awareness
Qualifications and Requirements:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Creativity, flexibility, strong work ethic and a sense of humor are highly valued.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Humanitarian/Development field.
- Commensurate work experience; technical experience in finance, grants, field operations, and/or education strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ professional program support experience in complex settings.
- Solid background and knowledge of UNICEF, OFDA, WFP and UN Rules and Regulations.
- Extensive contacts with donors, UN agencies and other international emergency response and development actors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application November 13, 2019. Kindly indicate the Position and location in the subject. Application without a clear subject will be excluded.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted