Ended Environmental Health Assistant
Position: Environmental Health Assistant
Report to: Environmental Health Officer.
Duty Station: Al Dhale’e.
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Officer, the EH Assistant Position is a junior level management position that involves planning, and monitoring the proper implementation of the Emergency WASH Response. The position requires the supervision of some WASH work as well as the proper management of the financial, material and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analyzes performed ...)
- Coordinate with local authority in his intervention areas
- Participate in detail technical assessment to water supply and sanitation facilities to be rehabilitated or constructed; prepare bills of quantities and specifications.
- follow monitoring tools for contract management in coordination with WASH program manager
- Supervise the rehabilitation or newly construction of the water supply and sanitation facility
- Track and maintain records on construction progress, labor and material utilization, challenges and prepare weekly and monthly progress reports;
- Work with communities and pertinent partners in the rehabilitation or construction of water supply and sanitation facilities
- Coordinate with community health team for delivery of hygiene promotion services
- Support stablish/activate and facilitate the training of water management committee/group to ensure to proper management of WASH facilities.
- Conduct regular water quality testing as required.
- Performs other task as requested by EH Officer as far is it related to main WASH activities
Required qualification and skill
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and working knowledge of English
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Computer literacy in standard software’s (Word, Excel).
- Proven ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure in remote area.
- Minimum one year professional experience in implementing and supervising WASH project.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable
- Female are highly recommended to apply.
- Applicants from same area are highly recommended to apply.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=7124
Deadline for Applying: November 21, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.