MEAL Assistant – Based in Taiz
(MEAL) Assistant will work under the supervision of the MEAL coordinator to ensure quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL day to day work under SFPS project
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- significant data collection.
- Collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data according to the MEAL priorities developed by the MEAL coordinator
- Ensure quality data collection from the field and review the data to identify incomplete and/or inconsistent information.
- Responsible for the operations of reporting and complaints mechanism and receiving regular feedback from children and other stakeholders;
- Follow up the implementation of Sponsorship accountability plan with partners;
- Responsible for the follow up of the M&E Capacity Building Program for partners
- Assist when required to develop MEAL databases within a framework of M&E plan.
- In consultation with MEAL Coordinator, prioritize documents to be entered.
- Maintain database while keeping regular back-ups.
- Maintains confidentiality of program data.
- Assist in validation of beneficiaries’ lists, PDMs, DDMs, MPM and other field validation activities.
- Conduct translation written tasks of the tools, questionnaires, surveys, etc
- Assist the programme teams in documenting lessons learnt.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Bachelor Degree in social science, information technology, statistics, business administration, or other discipline relevant to MEAL.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and At least One Year years of M&E experience related to development and humanitarian aid.
- Experience in designing and conducting training sessions and workshops.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and M&E.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Strong experience in management of data collection and analysis tools .
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
To apply for this job please click on MEAL Assistant