Logistic Assistant – Based in Taiz
The Logistics Assistant has the responsibility to assist in with the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support SFPS project to the Save the Children field team in the Aden office.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: logistic coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Non
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures are adhered to.
- Assist in the procurement process with the collection of quotations, the preparation of paperwork and the maintenance of records.
- Assist with warehouse management.
- Filing document, scanning and photocopying documents.
- Maintain up-to-date asset registers and ensure all assets are correctly labelled.
- Assist with the transportation of supplies
- Assist with distribution of commodities. items.
- Any related takes are requested by line Manager.
- Has overview of In /Out bound activities and maintains records of those activities
- Communication link to SCI Logistics for transport provider’s arrival and departure times.
- Oversees the loading and offloading as per SCI requirements.
- Monitors documentation entries for receiving and dispatching of goods, assists with entries for stock movements.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary.
- Plans layout for incoming stock and oversees the stack erection.
- Rotates the stock and resizes for best fit as and when required.
- Ensures filing of updated information and carries out spot checks.
- Prepares Cleaning schedule of the Warehouses, stock and carries out checks to ensure highest standards of cleanliness.
- Schedules regular best controls and maintains the records of visits.
- Cycle counting as and when requested by the Logistic Officer.
- Reports hazards and health and safety issues within the warehouse and maintains a record as well actions taken.
- Supervise the warehouse employs (warehouse workers).
- Ensure the documents of warehouse procedures.
- Coordinating with the Logistic Officers for master warehouse register and keep the update on time.
- Follow up and review the stock report and warehouse weekly/monthly report to be sent to Logistic officer and program managers.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least university degree (B.S.c) in social science, economics, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, geography or other discipline relevant to Logistics management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management.
- 2 years’ experience in managing logistics in an international organization or corporate enterprise (Warehousing).
- Experience in distribution of NFIs (non-food items) and food.
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience in maintaining detailed administrative records.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ability to provide supervision and support at a distance.
- Previous experience of managing and coordinating logistics over a number of different geographic locations
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
To apply for this job please click on Logistic Assistant