Ended Field Officer (Re-Advertised)
Re-Advertise Field Officer (2)
Position: Field Officer
Location: Al Jawf
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duration: Till March 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The Field Officer will be responsible for leading the project in the field, implement, monitor and evaluate different project activities in close coordination. He/she is also responsible for the registration, training, delivering inputs to beneficiaries, in addition, to ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality.
Field Officer will perform in the field to promote community participation in health activities.
The “Filed Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a good relationship and lines of communication with relevant; local authorities, local partners, and other ADRA projects in the field, and liaising with them throughout the project.
- Following the daily reports, and raising weekly, monthly reports, to the project manager regularly.
- With help of the Project Coordinator he should be able to create the forms, sheets, files and others related to work and staff needs, to ensure good ordering and documenting the services delivered for the beneficiaries.
- Supervise the team and close follow up their attendance and performance of the work.
- Ensure drugs are distributed in good manner to meet the needs of health facilities, and working with the concerns in the team to ensure the drugs and equipment’s fits the needs and not expired or not functioning, also report on short expiry drugs in case it cannot be utilized during available shelf time.
- Continues updating the Project Coordinator about the work going on and restricts which should be removed to enable the team for providing the health services in high quality for beneficiaries.
- Assess, plan and implement necessary training for health workers with the support of Project Coordinator.
- Ensure effective implementation of project activities, mobile/outreach and referral activities.
- Review monthly inventory of drugs and medical supplies, highlight the issues such as drugs of short expiry date, low quantity and higher quantity (over stocking) as necessary,
- Ensuring good function of the medical equipment’s and frequent check up it’s working and it’s repair if needed.
- Direct follow with other department after request submission, ensuring the health facility are not running out of medical supplies, cleaning materials, fuel and other supplies.
- Prepare and implement field activity plans, under the guidance of the Project Coordinator by ensuring that plans are up to date, understood by staff and monitored daily.
- Conduct regular field visit on weekly bases, in addition to briefing and supervision of health workers, use quality checklists to improve quality of care, assessing technical and qualitative performance, and providing on job training, coaching and mentoring as required to ensure quality service delivery, plus collection data from hand over facilities.
- Assess, plan and execute capacity building program for the field health workers staff to improve the provided services at the community level.
- Assist with the development and execution of emergency response activities, and assist in providing health services if required.
- Ensure proper documentation, timely collection of reports associated with all health and, with the support of M&E officer, review weekly/monthly reports and provide feedback to health staff.
- Ensure that project and office documentation is in accordance with policies and regulations
- Participate in coordination forums, clusters, meetings and other representation events as directed by Project Coordinator.
- Conduct regular and ongoing analysis of health concerns of the beneficiaries and the community.
- Assists in the process of replacement for staff who take leaves by others either from internal or external members.
- Ensure that health staff in the health facilities understand and implement the treatment guidelines and protocols recommended by MoPHP.
- Maintain a high level of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area and so take adequate measures to ensure the safety of all staff in the area
- Carry out any other reasonable responsibilities as requested by the Project Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health, Social Sciences, or any related filed.
- Minimum two years professional experience in supervise health activities (primary health care, the secondary surgical intervention will be also preferred)
- INGO experience in rural and difficult areas preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English preferred
- Computer skill MS office required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, November 11, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.