Ended Supply Chain Assistant
Position: Supply Chain Assistant
Report to: Supply Chain officer
Duty Station: Abyan – Lawder
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates through direct programming and through local partnership in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection and Women Protection and Empowerment.
The supply chain assistant will be handling the day to day procurement. The Supply chain Assistant will work in Lawder office in Abyan under the supervision of Supply Chain Officer. He/she is responsible for the integrity of the IRC's procurement system. Must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures and donor-specific polices.
- Provide procurement services in Abyan. Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time and according to IRC Standard Operation Procedures
- Maintain of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Photocopy document and well filled per grant
- Effect timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation is actioned.
- Implement a transparent and responsive procurement process
- Assist the Supply chain officer in
- Advise the SCO of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisors.
- Ensure drivers and hired vehicles adhere to International rescue Committee policies and procedures at all times.
- Assist in day-to-day Schedule of drivers and hire the vehicles. Liaises with program staff to support vehicle needs for activities within the office and allocate vehicles based on program needs
- Generate or assist weekly staff movement plans for dissemination to all programs and departments
- Conduct vehicles weekly checklist and reports all vehicles defects
- Provide information to the fleet officer / SC officer for submitting monthly vehicle performance reports or when required
Key Result Areas
- Provision of effective quality procurement service
- Compliance to the donor requirements and IRC procedures
- On time, standard reports to Supply chain officer
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit player
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous) for 1 year.
- Holder of Certificate or equivalent in purchasing, supplies and management or Business Administration
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
- Self-driven, independent and motivated.
- Working experience with NGO environment is an advantage.
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose and values;
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=7232
Deadline for Applying: December 4, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.