Ended Project Manager
Project Manager (Aden & Lahj)
The Project manager will provide leadership and managerial direction for the Strengthen Family Planning System SFPS USAID Project in the governorate. S/he will serve as focal point and with the project management team in country office, the Project manager will have technical and management responsibility for all activities and personnel. The Project manager will have overall responsibility for addressing award related matters, including managerial and financial responsibility for the project in the governorate including ensuring compliance with donor and SCI regulations, policies and procedures. S/he will have direct responsibility for supervision of project team in the governorate. S/he will be responsible for the smooth implementation of the project, and for effectively addressing challenges that arise during performance. S/he is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of all reports and project products.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- With support from Project country team, provide leadership to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets
- Ensure that project in the goverenorate is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of Yemen, its people and donors
- Provides leadership to all aspects of the project management including development and submission of weekly update, monthly update, performance frameworks, monitoring and evaluation plans, procurement and supply management plan and human resource management;
- Manage technical and program management project staff in the governoate and ensure strong communication and coordination with and between all team members, and with Save the Childern country, technical and program staff.
- Build, strengthen and sustain critical relationships with local government authorities, Third monitoring party, RH parnters in the governorate and other key players in the efforts to maximize prudent resource a utilization, minimize duplication of efforts, coordinate regularly with them on project updates and results, and attend relevant technical working groups.
- With project country team, Ensure the quality and sustainability of interventions
- Ensure the project is implemented in physically responsible manner and in full compliance with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures of USAID, Government of Yemen and SCI;
- With support with project country team, Manage all USAID requirements for project implementation, including effective utilization of the resources to achieve project deliverables;
- Work with country team and project staff to develop and track project budgets
- Provide leadership in preparation and timely submission of project reports to donor and government as per agreement and directives;
- With support from Roving MEAL coordinator work on submitting Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) frameworks and effectively track data/results
- Lead the discussion with the GHO in the regular project meeting to ensure the sustainability and transition of project for local ownership;
- Work closely with SCI country office and to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation
- Manage all risks that may adversely affect project implementation and achievement of goals and outcomes;
- Comply with SCI policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, health and well being of all staff
- that staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect SC's principles of equity and fairness.
Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in public health or related advanced degree relevant to the field of sexual and reproductive health and International Development
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3 years senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of family planning projects of similar size, complexity, and setting;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing project systems and overseeing project start-up and close-out
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USG donor, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as UN agencies, NGOs, and the private sector
- In-depth knowledge of USAID projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results;
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of RH/FP and experience in the design and implementation of RH and FP programs, at scale;
- Demonstrated leadership in working with country officials from the public, and NGO sectors;
- Demonstrated leadership in working and collaborating with other donors and a wide range of USAID and other donor-funded organizations;
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and national projects and technical staff
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel nationally and international
- Relevant experience in Middle East
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Experience managing USAID funded programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of the FP/RH landscape in Yemen and knowledge of USG health initiatives in country;
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply. You can apply here
Deadline for submitting applications: 04th December 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.