PLACE: Aden, Yemen
Handicap International – Humanity and Inclusion is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct responsibility of the MEAL Officer, the Hotliner will manage the information and feedback response mechanisms for (HI) programs in order to contribute to effective project implementation and learning cycle in line with HI Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Policy.
Line manager: MEAL Officer
Team Managed: None
Strong functional link with: Operations Coordinator, MEAL Manager, Project Manager(s), Project Officer(s), Field Team(s), Case Manager officer(s), Senior Management.
PLACE: Aden Yemen, with some field visit to other governorates when needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Receive process and respond to beneficiaries’ feedbacks.
- Ensure that all information related to the person calling are properly recorded and that every call is recorded in the hotline database.
- Responsible for the proper implementation of all hotline operating procedures and refer all cases to the appropriate HI employee according to those procedures.
- Compile, analyze and disaggregate monthly feedback by project.
- Record and analyze data and produce monthly Feedback reports to the MEAL officer.
- Address beneficiaries’ queries through the hotline in a professional manner by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing accurate information on HI programs or referral mechanisms (Based on services mappings).
- Compile all mapping of services developed by the CMO(s) in south Yemen.
- Follow up internally with HI on feedback referrals with the appropriate offices and sector leads until the closure of the case.
- Respond to pending issues, provide support as needed, and communicate progress back to beneficiaries.
- Tracking the status of each feedback and ensuring that follow-ups are being made, and working to increase levels of beneficiary satisfaction with the follow-ups provided by HI.
- Ensures efficient data transmission and archives for future reference and submits timely feedback reports (daily stirpes, daily oral reports if necessary, weekly summaries/reports).
- Determines eligibility by comparing beneficiary information to requirements.
- Guide beneficiaries seeking help through HI hotlines, and feedback mechanisms such as Messages, emails, complaint box.
- Report to the MEAL Officer any issues faced.
DATA MANAGEMENT, QUALITY MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
- Gather information on beneficiaries' satisfaction.
- Conduct surveys and PDM calls when needed.
- Filter and clean the data collected.
- Maintain a proper filing system for all the information with filling codes.
- Ensure reporting of hotline activities (internal reports, donor reports, etc.).
- Report to the MEAL Officer any issues faced.
SPECIFIC pecific responsibilities
- Promote HI accountability to beneficiaries.
- Promote internal learning process to help improve HI projects.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and contribute to exploring and assessing new and better ways to assist.
- On occasion, conduct field visits to the projects’ sites to implement and support MEAL activities (beneficiary accountability and learning system) and develop better knowledge of HI services.
- Perform other duties as will be assigned.
DEMONSTRATION OF ETHICS AND PROFESSIONALISM:
The individual in this position is expected to demonstrate ethical and professional conduct in the course of their work including, but not limited to:
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality.
- Respect and promote HI’s policies and report to your line manager any violation of HI policies
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to a beneficiary or to others
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the other departments of the organization
- Ensure reporting of problems, challenges, or constraints in project implementation and execution of tasks and responsibilities to direct line manager.
- Contribute to the culture of teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relative field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the mentioned position or in the field of data management or any related field in an INGO/NGO environment, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued reports and assessment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to handle complex issues.
- Very good knowledge of the MS office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); and e-data applications.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of HI.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good listener and good speaker.
- Good attention to details.
- Answer to any needs or requests addressed by beneficiaries in a professional and timely manner.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and ability to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a multi-cultural and multi-site environment.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tactic and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Familiarity with humanitarian accountability standards and other international qualities.
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
The above mention tasks and responsibilities remain flexible, and might be adjusted according to the mission and projects priorities.
The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break)
Any breach of the above mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Aden, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 days leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/HOTLINER/ADEN+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on (Tuesday 03rd December 2019)
- Please address all applications to Recruitmentemail@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.