Ended Graphic Design Assistant
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Graphic Design Assistant
Organizational Unit: Media and Communications/ PDPS
Duty Station: Sana’a, Yemen
IOM Classification: Ungraded equivalent to G4
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : CFCV2019/207
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Saturday 07, Dec 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of IOM Yemen’s Head of the Project Development and Programme Support and the direct supervision of the Media and Public Relations Officer, in close coordination with the Information Management Unit, the successful candidate will support the public and internal communications of IOM Yemen through developing and designing key information and visibility products.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Use IOM templates to produce digital and print information and communications materials such as donor reporting documents, research reports, story and photo books, information sheets, calendars, email bulletins, banners, leaflets, field visibility items and social media content;
- Following IOM brand guidelines when producing documents;
- Support development, improvement and/or editing of artwork, photographs, charts and other graphic elements for use in IOM Yemen’s digital and print products;
- Support design and implementation of field visibility and donor-related documents while following donor and partner visibility requirements;
- Support in the design of data visualizations and infographics;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree /Certificate in Graphic Designing or other related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education training and experience
- Minimum Five Years (Three Years for University Degree holders) experience in the areas of communications and graphic design;
- High level of professionalism and ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines in a complex and fast changing environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Knowledge of international agencies like the UN is an advantage.
Languages English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com by Wednesday 07 Dec 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line CFCV2019.207 Sana’a Graphic Design Assistant UG
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 24.Nov.2019 to 07.Dec.2019