Ended Project Accountant
PLACE: Aden, Yemen
About WHC :
WHC has been working in Yemen for the past 2 years focusing primarily on Health, Nutrition, food, wash and hygiene. WHC was established to contribute to coordinating emergency and relief activities under experts and consultants in public health and primary & secondary education, and emergency response. It assists in overcoming the obstacles in the path of health and education systems, and enables human institutional framework from helping people to improve their livelihoods, ensure the right solutions to their problems. Therefore, WHC keeps up with trends and changes in health management and implementation of activities programmers and programmers of educational development in different provinces independently and non-profitable.
Project Accountant Job Duties:
- Handle the project accounts from start to end and take accountability of all accounting and financial related matters;
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc financial reports according to donor standards and internal policies and procedures;
- Produce ad-hoc reports as required by the Head of Finance and reply promptly to enquires from senior management;
- Monitor the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings and expenses are issued in a timely manner;
- Create project accounts in the accounting system;
- Maintain project-related records;
- Work with the procurement and logistics department to review and approve supplier invoices related to the project;
- Review and approve project staff time sheets for work related to the project
- Submit variance reports to the Senior Finance Office and management;
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required;
- Prepare bank reconciliation and petty cash reconciliation in a timely manner;
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers, regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing;
- Review payment request documentations in order to follow payment process;
- Preparing day to day financial payment vouchers;
- Ensure that financial rules, regulations and procedures are followed;
- Support the finance team on any other relevant task;
- Undertake any further duties that may be required of the role.
- Advance University Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years' experience in auditing, accounting/finance. Preferable with I/NGOs or CBOs.
- Understanding of full range of financial processes including management and accounts, and attention to detail.
- Familiar with industry-specific software like Yemen Soft, QuickBooks and Focus;
- Experience of budget preparations, cash-flow statements & financial plans;
- Experience of writing financial reports;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Ability to deal with complex situations and take initiative to address the situation;
- Self-motivated, goal/result-orientation, team work and good motivator;
Interested candidates may please send their CV in English to:
In addition, you need to write the title of the position in the "email subject line"