Ended Food Security Officer
Food Security Officer
PLACE: Aden, Yemen
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead/Facilitate the Food for Peace Program
- Undertake market/trader assessments with focus to understand how well markets are operating and make sure the market/trader can supply monthly food basket items
- Coordinate with the relevant government ministries to ensure compliance and good relations.
- General Program Management
- Adhere to standard operating procedures for registration of vouchers.
- Participate in the food security assessments, collection of baseline data to assist in program implementation.
- Review and develop beneficiary selection criteria with government, local authorities, and community members to identify project beneficiaries according to GC’s economic, vulnerability, target criteria and FSAC recommendation
- Support in carryout initial assessments, community feedback, and related M&E activities.
- Following the agreed upon plan of action, implement the program to schedule, reporting any delays and deviations and troubleshoot as is appropriate.
- Ensure payment of monthly food vouchers to vendors are accurate and according to the contract.
- Plan and monitor all field activities, i.e. appointments, meetings, voucher distributions, monitoring and beneficiary follow-ups.
- Coordinate with Food Security Voucher Coordinator to ensure that activities are carried out in line with community needs.
- Coordinate with M&E team to act on monitoring recommendations. Support and verification of beneficiaries list
- Documentation and Reporting
- Ensure proper documentation of project processes is upheld, i.e. distribution plans, beneficiary lists, voucher requisition, distribution reports, working with all stakeholders.
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic reports as required by the Food Voucher Coordinator
- File all contracts and agreement with communities and to share it with the Food Voucher Coordinator.
- Handle community complaint promptly and responsibly along with M&E and Compliance Colleagues. Ensure all complaints are registered and filed. Record action taken to resolve complain.
Other Related Duties
- Communicate with the community and other stakeholders the objectives of the Monthly Food Voucher Program.
- Supervise field officers, organize trainings and provide operational leadership.
- Network with other programs, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and key agencies in the program area to prevent duplication and to enhance program quality, innovation and sustainability.
- Any other duties as designated by Supervisor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in economics, accounting, agriculture, equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area or a related field is required with 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity is required.
- Good theoretical and working knowledge of Food security Programming.
- Good working knowledge of USAID FFP, WFP, and other food resource donor guidelines.
- Extensive understanding of Social Safety Nets, Livelihoods and associated methodologies (e.g. logical framework approach, results-based management, most significant change etc...).
- Understanding of basic economics i.e. elasticity of demand and supply and substitution effects.
- Ability to articulate the disincentive hypothesis as it relates to food aid and the possible interactions between food and markets (labor and commodity).
- Analytical and systematic in approach, yet able to think and act strategically.
- Proven skills in process and group facilitation, training and capacity building.
- Good organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Good knowledge in English - written and verbal - English and Arabic is required.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
Interested candidates may please send their CV in English to:
In addition, you need to write the title of the position in the "email subject line"