Ended Finance Manager
PLACE: Aden, Yemen
About WHC :
WHC has been working in Yemen for the past 2 years focusing primarily on Health, Nutrition, food, wash and hygiene. WHC was established to contribute to coordinating emergency and relief activities under experts and consultants in public health and primary & secondary education, and emergency response. It assists in overcoming the obstacles in the path of health and education systems, and enables human institutional framework from helping people to improve their livelihoods, ensure the right solutions to their problems. Therefore, WHC keeps up with trends and changes in health management and implementation of activities programmers and programmers of educational development in different provinces independently and non-profitable.
FINANCE Manager Job Duties:
- Evaluate, maintain and manage financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, accuracy, integrity and transparency of all finance activities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, national legal requirements, and internationally accepted accounting standards.
- Manage daily transactions, financial management and reporting across the organization multiple projects and activities, including advising and supporting other related organization units in maintaining effective and efficient financial control and budget management and tracking.
- Forecast monthly cash-flow needs for projects implementations and other organization activities
- Prepare financial budgets of overall organization activities in coordination with related units’ managers as required and perform budget revision as may be required.
- Manage the monthly close process and the completeness of the transactions.
- Review and manage the reconciliations for the accounts cash, banks, etc…
- Provide the advices and solutions for the other units as well as the executive director on the regards of financial issues.
- Forecast monthly cash-flow needs for projects implementations and other organization activities and monitor proper management of cash flow to ensure liquidity at all times.
- Review, approve, track and report transfers requests to the donors.
- Perform regular monthly /quarterly / semiannual / annual budget review, analyze variances between planned budgets and actual expenses, and discuss the result with the related parties.
- Ensures timely preparation and delivery of specific and standard financial reports on a monthly /quarterly / semiannual / annual basis in a manner that can enhance greater transparency and accountability
- Facilitates the conduct of a periodic audit as may be required internally by the board of directors or externally by the donors.
- Provide the needed assistance to the administration dept. to ensure the adequacy of the procurement procedures according to the donor's requirements as well as the organization policies and regulars.
- Ensure the finalizing all the government obligations (Tax, Social Security etc…) on time.
- Participate in performance evaluation of finance staff and conduct counseling sessions to identify skill development needs, job training, and capacity building.
- Act as a member of the Administrative board, making strategic inputs on financial issues and risks.
- Suggest and lead the identification of processes that could be utilized for better efficiency.
- Creating additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- University degree in Finance, Accountancy.
- At least 5 years of experience in finance/accounting including a leading financial role, preferably with an NGO.
- Membership in a professional body of accountants is preferable.
- Knowledge in the International accounting standards.
- Profound experience in MS office applications especially excel and the usage of Focus financial software systems.
- Experience of managing international donor funds.
- Demonstrated ability of capacity building of staff.
- Understanding of grants cycles including financial, procurement and program cycles.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Arabic.
- Negotiation skills
Interested candidates may please send their CV in English to:
In addition, you need to write the title of the position in the "email subject line"