Ended WASH MEAL Specialist
WASH MEAL Specialist
Reports to: MEAL Manager
Duration: 6 months renewable.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Effective implementations of MEAL policies and strategies, as well as efficient organization and coordination of the MEAL process, enhance the organization’s capacity and credibility in implementation of highly effective programs with strong impact.
Apart from main tasks and as part of teamwork and integration, it is essential that MEAL specialist diligently contributes to organize, coordinate, facilitate and conduct programs, activities, meetings and events.
It is envisaged that the WASH MEAL Specialist will work closely with the Programs’ Officers and Projects’ Coordinators who are responsible for reporting and data tracking.
- Supervise the workflow in all of the WASH interventions conducted by the organization and ensure all of the projects’ M&E activities are accomplished in compliance with the global international standards.
- Provide technical support when needed in the means of M&E-related tasks in all of the WASH projects.
- Assist in developing the M&E strategies including tools, formats and follow-up matrix in the WASH context.
- Review the WASH achievements in all of the ongoing projects and ensure all of the verifying documents are available in alignments with the projects’ activities and indicators.
- Establish a database for all lesson learnt from the finished projects and disseminate these with the program department and the concerned colleagues to be considered in future interventions.
- Supervise and assist in any of the WASH-related research studies (Need assessment, KAP study, after action review, baseline/end line surveys and final evaluation) and make sure no technical issues are faced during the data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct technical evaluation activities (Coverage survey, CLTS monitoring, sanitary survey) on regular basis to assess the quality of the selected WASH services in comparison with the global standards (Sphere standards).
- Oversee and create a community-based monitoring system for all WASH activities executed by the contractors.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Establish, orient and supervise the complaint and feedback mechanisms endorsed for each project in alignment with the organisations’ AAP guidelines.
- Participate in developing bills of quantities (BOQ), drawings and action plans for the construction/Rehabilitation works required at WATSAN facilities in the health centers and WASH & community projects’ in collaboration with WASH program officer and engineers’ staff and based on assessment and program requirements, ensuring that recommended work is within the minimum (Sphere standards).
- Work with WASH program officer to draw up works tender documents’ and provide technical support to Bid Committees.
- Coordinate WASH construction activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental). Build strong relationship with local and government partners, Local Water and Sanitation Company, GARWP.
- Ensure the compliance of the contractor with Statutory Law and the organization safety and security protocols on all construction/rehab sites.
- As appropriate, ensure that the contractor maintains proper inventory control systems of commodities/goods transactions.
- Technical training of community volunteers, members of WASH committees, governmental staff and health centers’ admin staff on how to use and maintain the WATSAN facilities.
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality and from acceptable country of origin.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones, and provide reports to WASH officer so payment to contractors can be processed.
- Regularly update project implementation plans to the project manager with associated time lines.
- Develop and implement safety standard checklists ensuring that beneficiaries’ safety is central.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Is responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Is responsible for a high degree of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area.
- Watch and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports and filed visit reports at critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- University degree in Engineering.
- 2 years of relevant experience in providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Experience (or willingness to learn) with new Monitoring and Evaluation tools such as remote monitoring, GPS, webpage improvement, track system, SMS campaign, Modern statistical software will be an asset.
- Previous experience in development and humanitarian coordination and thorough knowledge of the cluster system will be an asset.
- Excellent quantitative, analytic, research writing and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org, by Tuesday Dec 10th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.