Ended Program Operations Officer
Post Title: Program Operations Officer
Organization: Social Fund for Development - TAIZ Branch Office
Employment Type: Full-Time
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Application closing Date: 10/12/2019
Background Information: CCT Program
The SFD’s Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT) in Nutrition designed to respond to the urgent needs of the poorest families affected by the ongoing conflict and stimulate demand for nutrition, maternity and child services to improve the nutritional status of malnourished children and women in targeted areas using a complementary and integrated approach which includes a promotion, protection and resilience building. Since October 2016 the CCT program was able to support 296K women and children, provided health education sessions, monthly cash transfer, short-term employment in social services in nutrition for young females and facilitated access to the nutrition services and treatment.
Social Fund for Development is looking for talented and passionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to the crisis with the right skills. In this regard, SFD is seeking to recruit Program Operations Officer professionals to be part of its CCT program team.
Under the overall guidance of the CCT Program and the direct supervision of the SFD Branch Manager, the Program Operations Officer is responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties:
- Participating in the development of the general and detailed plans of program activities including training plans for communities' educators.
- day-to-day oversight of technical activities at field level in accordance with the program's operations manual and are progressing towards the desired objectives.
- Providing results-oriented technical assistance to field coordinators and communities' educators on matters related to education sessions management, beneficiary’s compliance, Management of malnutrition cases as needed.
- Following up on a wide range of operational procedures necessary to implement activities in a timely manner, including procedures for contracting health educated women and beneficiaries of cash assistance, contracting with technical consultants and implementing training courses according to the timeframe.
- Monitoring program implementation progress and identify and address implementation challenges in collaboration with program staff and regularly share information on lessons learnt in the field.
- Ensuring close coordination with the health offices at the governorate and districts, as well as with international and local organizations working in nutrition projects.
- Undertake regular field visits to follow-up on the implementation of program activities and conducting interactive dialogues with program beneficiaries and field based staff.
1- The applicant must be between (25 - 35) years old.
2- Prepare to work in all the directorates of Taiz.
Required education, skills and qualities
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economics, Social Sciences or related field
b. Professional Experience:
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in project operations.
- At least 2 years of experience in analytical and practical work in such areas as (a) Poverty alleviation Projects (b) Nutrition.
c. Skills and competencies
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, make plans, meet deadlines and adapt to changing demands and multitasks;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Demonstrable computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Adept problem solver and decision-maker
- Detail-oriented, diligent and proactive and respectful of deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to submit detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with ½ page motivational letter stating why you are best suited for the position and the position you are applying for as well as copies of relevant certificates/degrees no later than 10 December 2019. through email:
Attach the following:
- Copy of qualification's certificate.
- Copy of ID card.
- Copy of relevant experience certificates.
Please write the name of the job and your current residence in the subject field when applying.
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع موقع الاقامة الحالية في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations and guidelines of SFD.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
Only short-listed eligible candidates will be contacted.