Ended Monitoring Team Leader
Monitoirng Team LEADER
JOB Scope & Requirement
Organization & VACANCY Background:
A Confidential leading consultancy firm in Yemen is seeking to hire a monitoring team leader for one of its Monitoring projects. Shortlisted candidates shall be subject to screening and interview process. Recruitment shall be completed following the awarding of the project contract to the firm. All candidates CVs shall be maintained for future opportunities as well.
Required Qualification and Experience:
Masters’ degree, in the area of social or mathematical science, statistics, education, information technology, or any other relevant field,
- The monitoring team leader should have more than seven (7) years of experience in team management.
- He/she should also have more than three (3) years of experience in monitoring and reporting of humanitarian and/or development projects.
- Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook);
- Use of Microsoft Project Management is an advantage;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to review synthesise information and produce quality reports.
- Ability to manage multiple activities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Working proficiency in both English and Arabic;
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills;
- Strong analytical thinking and practical problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrates capacity of team management and of coordination with the relevant parties;
- An ability to work independently, efficiently and to assess priorities with a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to organize work efficiently, timely reporting and deliver assignments in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a results-oriented team;
Team Leader will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Review of technical, contractual and any other type of documents related to the project.
- Update the site visits plan for concrete verification of subprojects, as well as the other site monitoring activities plan for subproject beneficiaries.
- Examine the environmental and social project documents of the subprojects for the purpose of carrying out the monitoring and evaluation of these projects.
- Demonstrate objective professional opinion on project documents, executed work and other monitoring activities of the Project. Also to provide appropriate identification of progress percentage, and other monitoring and indicators of the project.
- Provide the firm with material observations and non-compliances that may be committed by the Contractor or any of the parties involved in the subproject, as a result of site visits and / or other monitoring and evaluation of the Project beneficiaries and documented by sufficient and appropriate evidence according to each case.
- Attend meetings with the client and IPs.
- Provide the firm with a quarterly and/or monthly report detailing the progress of the work carried out during the period specified in the report according to the mechanism determined by the firm in this regard.
- Carry out any additional work that may be assigned to the job holder by the firm, relating to the monitoring and evaluation functions of the project.
- Prepare and follow up on reports of desk review findings, site visits findings in accordance with the results of desk review, site visits and/or information and data provided by the other TPM site researchers.
- Prepare the periodic reports of achievement to the client and/or update them with the data, information, or illustrations contained therein.
- Issue activity weekly/monthly reports to the firm on the progress of the monitoring assignment.
- overseeing all job tasks and responsibilities assigned to team members.
- Develop team strengths and improve weaknesses and provide the necessary coaching to the team members.
- Ensure team members’ commitment to the works plans and evaluate their progress against the site visits plan.
- Resolve team conflict and tackling issues of concerns as they raised.
- Perform performance assessment for the team member in accordance with the firm policies in this regard.
- Observe occupational safety rules during monitoring, evaluation and use of the necessary safety tools provided by the firm.
- Provide the firm with any observations related to immoral practices, corruption and the like, which are observed incidentally or otherwise during the execution of the monitoring and evaluation tasks entrusted to the job holder.
- Inform the firm of any risks or practices that may affect the conduct of monitoring and evaluation by any project-related parties or other parties.
Work Location: Firm Head Office, Sana’a
Contract Duration: One Year (with possibility of extension)
Interested candidates shall submit their application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of qualification certificates, and certificates of employment) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Monitoring Team Leader” in the email subject.