Ended Site Monitoring Officers
Site Monitoring Officers -
JOB Scope & Requirement
Organization & VACANCY Background:
A Confidential leading consultancy firm in Yemen is seeking to hire a number of site monitoring officers for one of its Monitoring projects. Shortlisted candidates shall be subject to the screening and interview process. Recruitment shall be completed following the awarding of the project contract to the firm. All candidate's CVs shall be maintained for future opportunities as well.
Required Qualification and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, research methods, science, business administration or related field.
- The site monitoring officers should have at least three (3) years or more of experience.in reviewing and monitoring projects in a humanitarian crisis context. Examples of humanitarian crisis areas include nutrition, protection, education, health, food security, shelter, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with participatory monitoring and evaluation that include data collection;
- Previous experience in providing technical assistance to improve data quality.
- Demonstrated capacity to use data collection and analysis software such (Open Data Kit) ODK Applications.;
- High Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to review synthesize information and produce quality reports;
- Ability to manage multiple activities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Very good Interpersonal Skills;
- Strong analytical thinking and practical problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrates the capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant parties;
- An ability to work independently, efficiently and to assess priorities with a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a results-oriented team;
Under the overall oversight and the direct supervision of the M&E Specialist/Team Leader will perform in the following tasks:
- Carry out all site visits of the project when requested by the direct supervisor during the implementation of the projects in accordance with the site visits plan set by the firm, within the project geographical range.
- Apply and fill in all monitoring and evaluation tools during the implementation of the various site visits and commit to send them immediately upon completion, through the electronic application prepared for this purpose or any other means that may be required by the firm later. These tools include the following forms:
- Perform monitoring and evaluation work related to beneficiaries of different categories (IDPs, refugees, host communities… etc) and complete monitoring tools for the implementation of these tasks, including Key Informant Interviews (KIIS), beneficiaries individual interview forms and the Focused Group Discussion (FGDs) set by the firm for the project when requested and as per the coordinated site visits plan, according to the evidence and procedures determined by the firm in this regard.
- Ensure that data is sent as soon as it is obtained without delay, that it is healthy, accurate and objective, that it is free of material errors that may affect its integrity, while reasonable professional care is taken when recording and sending such data.
- Filling out any other forms, which may be subsequently identified by the firm for monitoring and evaluation purposes associated with the project.
- Provide the firm with material observations and non-compliances that may be committed involved in the project as a result of site visits and/or other monitoring activities of the Project beneficiaries and documented by sufficient and appropriate evidence according to each case.
- Provide the firm with the Red Flags that will be observed during the site visits or as a result of the other monitoring and evaluation activities assigned to the job holder.
- Send documentary photographs, site visits, and other assessment monitoring work, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the relevant manuals and guidelines and any other requirements specified by the firm, including the date, timing and geographical location. The job holder also records videos to document critical observations or indicators, which are observed by him during his/her implementation monitoring activities including site visits.
- Produce objective, timely and well-presented monitoring reports including the findings, challenges, and areas of concerns, recommendation, and lessons learned, as required.
- Maintain relationships with competent authorities.
- Implement other tasks or activities as may be requested by the Team Leader.
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct, which was attached to the Consultancy Contract and other professional and ethical rules during the implementation of the monitoring activities.
- Observe occupational safety rules during monitoring, evaluation, and use of the necessary safety tools provided by the firm.
- Provide the firm with any observations related to immoral practices, corruption and the like, which are observed incidentally or otherwise during the execution of the monitoring and evaluation tasks entrusted to the job holder.
- Inform the firm of any risks or practices that may affect the conduct of monitoring and evaluation by any project-related parties or other parties.
Contract Duration: One Year (with possibility of extension)
Interested candidates shall submit their application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of qualification certificates, and certificates of employment) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Site Monitoring Officer” in the email subject.