Ended FSL Community Mobilizer
FSL Community Mobilizer
Location of position: Al-Turbah, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food, and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in AL-Turbah town, Taiz- Yemen.
The Community Mobilizer is in charge to create awareness of the Solidarités International programs thought targeted communities. He/she participates in the collection of data and to the identification of the beneficiaries within the communities. He/she participates in the implementation and monitoring of activities and assessing new needs.
List of main tasks:
Evaluation / diagnostic:
- Help in setting up criteria for selecting beneficiaries
- Identification of target groups through the communities (women, vulnerable…)
- Collect accurate data’s at the community level
- Assist in conducting baseline, end line / KAP survey
- Report any emerging needs to their line manager
- Participate in settling committees or any other community association
Communication / representation
- Mobilize the targeted communities and create awareness about the program activities
- Listen to complaints from the different groups of the communities
- Mitigate problem between communities when it arises
- Analyze actions to be done to avoid any security accident at community level
- Give support for all Solidarités International activities for community mobilization and communication with local authorities, site and village leaders
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Implement the activities at community level: Beneficiaries’ selection, presentation of the activities, sensitization – mobilization, unconditional cash grant, conditional cash grant (orientation of beneficiaries, development and follow up of work plan, technical support and training to the beneficiaries).
- Monitor the implemented activities at household and community level
- Sensitization and training of the beneficiaries (if requested by the Line Manager)
- Assist in conducting post-distribution monitoring (PDM), post-harvest monitoring (PHM) if relevant, and end line and KAP survey to control progress of program and efficiency of activities
- Share with his line manager and/or the Program Manager and his/her deputy every information about security, activities, logistics or administrative issues occurred at field level
- Participate in the preparation of the regular program reports
- Participate in the general program meetings (weekly, monthly…)
- Communicate orally about any important issue in internal staff meetings
ORGANIZATIONAL CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Cash Team Leader
Functional manager: - FSL Program Manager
III. Profile required
- Diploma in social sciences, education, humanitarian work, small business development or equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in Food Security and Livelihood position.
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 6 months’ minimum
- Experience in Emergency response
- Experience in representation and coordination with humanitarian and governmental stakeholders
- Experience in community mobilization
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive and motivated
- Able to move in the country for several days in a row.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for Receiving applications: 03rd of December 2019.