Ended Snr. Security Assistant
VACANCY NOTICE YEMAD/HR/2019/32
Title of Position: Snr. Security Assistant
Position Number: N/A
Category & Level: UNOPS, LICA-5
Salary per Month: 1,630 US$ + other allowances
Location: Initially Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Pending the opening of FU Mocha/Khocha
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: Initially 6 months
Date of Issue: 26/11/2019
Closing Date: 05/12/2019
The Snr. Security Assistant manages and supports activities pertaining to staff security.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer (FSA or Head of Office) who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR staff members, UN agencies, NGOs, implementing partners in the area to facilitate the operation.
The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the management of security issues in Mocha/Khocha.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- Country operations receive practical advice and support toward helping ensure an appropriate level of safety.
- UNHCR maintains beneficial relationships with host country law enforcement agencies and the UN Security Management System.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Provide assistance to the supervisor in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the UNHCR staff, operations, premises, partners and persons of concern.
- Conduct regular security assessment missions to the field in coordination with UNDSS/other agencies; assist the supervisor during field missions to gather information and analyse the security situation.
- Be aware of security protocols and procedures in place, especially those comprising Security Risk Management; check for compliance and advise management on any deficiencies.
- Monitor the physical security of UNHCR premises and reports on deficiencies/ requirements for the guard force.
- Assist in efforts to ensure the physical protection and security of refugees and other persons of concern.
- Provide support during implementation of security-related projects.
- Assist in the monitoring, updating and reporting of security-related events.
- Assist in the processing of administrative security issues.
- Maintain relations and cooperation with UN security management system actors, local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities and other relevant agencies.
- Provide security briefings and training to UNHCR staff, and as appropriate partner staff, on relevant country information and on other issues pertaining to the UN security management system including, inter alia, the warden system, radio communication procedures, travel procedures and fire safety.
- Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
- Undertake other functions as delegated by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education with relevant training and experience in Security and Safety issues.
- Minimum of 8 years (6 with advances training/certificate) of previous relevant job experience.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- In addition to the local UN working language, excellent knowledge of English.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Judgment and decision making
- Analytical Thinking
- Political Awareness
- Change Capability and Adaptability
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent security apparatus knowledge.
- Applicant who meets the minimum requirements are eligible
- Applicant should meet the limitation of recruitment age between (18 and 60 years old)
- Non-local candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate the Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).