Ended Junior Risk Analyst
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Risk Management Office- Yemen (PN. 17.2137.2-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes.
With immediate effect the GIZ Office Sana’a invites applications from qualified Yemeni nationals for the following position:
- Position: Junior Risk Analyst (JRA)
- End of Contract: 30.04.2021
- Post Location: Sana’a
The Junior Risk Analyst is responsible for
- Compiles, collates and reports on risk context;
- Supports the buildup of the organizational knowledge on the national and sub-national contexts and serves as a focal point for internal and external information sharing;
- Ensures information and structure quality control over the database;
- Supports, and contributes to, the development and organization of different analytical products on national and sub-national levels with risk management perspective
- The Junior Risk Analyst performs the following tasks:
- Timely scans online information resources and newspapers and collate events and developments related to security and political situation with a risk management perspective;
- Follows up on any relevant incidents and events until reaching a conclusion;
- Develops, maintains and updates an archive of contextual and analytical materials;
- Collects and organizes contextual information on the national and sub-national levels;
- Supports database system upgrade, development and archiving;
- Maintains an updated list of upcoming events and timelines of contextual significance.
- Collects risk and security information, incidents and experiences from online media and available information networks;
- Reports on daily basis on relevant incidents and events from risk management prospective through open source information analysis.
- Supports the Risk Analysis team in providing analytical content for regular security updates and advisories;
- Contributes to the development and organization of security presentations and briefings and conduct these as required;
- Drafts incident/event driven reports by collecting and corroborating information, and database query;
- Provides technical support and analytical input (quantitative/qualitative) to periodic and thematic reports by consulting the database and preparing summaries, charts, graphs, etc.
- Collates information and examines report narratives against a set of analytical standards including examination of accuracy and objectivity, and drafts the narratives of the reports in conformity to these standards;
- Exercises information and structure quality control over the database;
- Takes chronological notes of contextual events/incidents;
- Provides quantitative and statistical analysis for different analytical products by consulting the database.
- Supports the team in providing analytical products with GIS materials using QGIS and other related software as required.
- Reports to the Senior Risk Analyst immediately concerning any significant security information;
- Administers internal communications between the Risk Analysis Section and RMO sections;
- Ensures timely dissemination of information to relevant receivers and maintains the email distribution lists;
- Manages, organizes, and updates analytical products periodically within knowledge management system in the Risk Analysis Section.
- Liaises internally with relevant RMO sections/units.
- Ensures and maintains flow of security related information/reports/materials between Risk Analysis Section and the other RMO sections;
- Acts as a focal point to channel down all internal/external security related information to the database.
- Assists in organizing and coordinating security and risk management trainings;
- Transfers skills and knowledge relevant to his work to other colleagues in RMO upon request from the Senior Risk Analyst.
- Develops the skills required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding training according to findings of the line manager.
- Ensures that all related administrative issues (e.g. relevant lists and overviews, files, documentation etc.) are handled in a thorough and timely manner;
- Ensures that all security related data is constantly updated;
- Ensures data protection of files electronically and paper.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her line supervisor.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects (e.g. social science, political science, conflict or risk management) or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience in post-conflict and /or insecure environments would be considered an asset
- Security related courses and trainings
- At least 2 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Design and delivery of reports of any kind.
- Working experience in Risk Management / Risk Analysis domain is a strong asset.
- Proven ability to work under stress and time pressure, frequently outside of normal office hours;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to approach complex situations from a creative and innovative perspective;
- Very good command of English and/or German language in all terms;
- Very good knowledge of ITC technologies (office communication, computer, phones, inter-/intranet);
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications, Outlook);
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth Pro, Word Press and Adobe Creative Suite software would be considered an asset;
- Very good communication skills
- Very strong report writing and analysis skills;
- Discretion, flexibility, commitment and dedication;
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Valid driving license.
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Application for Junior Risk Analyst Post
Deadline for receipt applications is: 09.12.2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.