Ended Projects Coordinator
YCAPB is currently seeking a Projects Coordinator to undertake and complete Projects activities management tasks. Support in projects/proposals design , development, financial tracking and monitoring ,activities monitoring and evaluations.
Location : Aden ( with possible travel if required).
Duration : 9 months , with possible extension.
Position overall objective
The Project Coordinator will report to the Executive director and will be responsible to implement and provide relevant and required support to the projects activities ; as well as provide required and relevant support to members, partners, and key stake holders.
1. Ensure external representation of CAP in relevant sectors
Representation vis-à-vis authorities:
- Participate in technical and sectoral meetings to ensure visibility amongst local authorities.
- Liaise closely with local authorities in the planning and implementation to ensure maximum cooperation with and involvement of them
Representation vis-à-vis Donors:
- Participate in technical and sectoral Donor meetings and pass relevant information to the Executive Director;
Representation vis-à-vis international organizations:
- Collaborate closely with all implementing partners of the Nexus in Yemen to ensure joint planning and implementation
- Participate in technical and sectoral meetings and working groups involving NGOs and all other intergovernmental institutions, notably in the peace building working groups/Cluster;
- Contribute to the creation of reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided as well as the confidentiality of internal information as required;
- More generally, the program manager is expected to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of CAP's mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
2. Projects Cycle Management:
- PM is responsible for the overall implementation of CAP's program. This involves contributing to programs design, and then planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on all programme activities in order to achieve the set goals and objectives as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Guide the implementation of the project and the methods of follow-up bearing in mind that the overriding objective of the project is conflict resolution and peace building.
- Financial Management :
- Ensure performing a continuous financial tracking for carried out project activities.
- prepare all activities budgets as per the funding available and as per the guidelines provided.
3. Provide Relevant Technical Expertise
- Ensure that technical quality and standards are considered during project implementation:
- Collect technical information and analysis associated opportunities and risks;
- Identify relevant technical authorities and partners, and propose formal partnership and/or contracts.
- Undertake quality control:
- Analyze technical added-value and project impact;
- Set up technical evaluation exercises during and following implementation.
4. Identify Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Collect information and tools employed for project implementation;
- Draft memos detailing lessons learned and best practices identified during the project;
- Share such memos with internal and external partners;
- Communicate such information to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / management, or any high relevant experience in the field.
- Demonstrated expertise in livelihoods programs .
- Experience in large scale project management.
- Experience in coordination of international partners.
- Experience as a trainer is an asset.
- Supervise a team of 3-5 program staff.
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of the project including GIS, infrastructure development, and business training.
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of Peace building and sustainable development.
All applicants will be subject to Reference Checking Process. Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: email@example.com , stating the subject of the post as the email subject “ Projects Coordinator”.
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application essential requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for receiving applications is : 6th December 2019
Posting date : 26th Nov 2019