Ended Administration and Finance Officer
YCAPB is currently seeking an Administration and finance Officer to undertake and complete all admin and finance tasks and requirements, provide administrative and financial support services to office ,partners, staff, and project’s activities.
Location : Aden ( with possible travel if required).
Duration : 9 months , with possible extension.
Position overall objective
The Administration and finance officer will report to the Executive director and will be responsible to provide support to the projects activities , and day to day office administrative and financial tasks.
1. Administrative Tasks
- Ensure that Record of stationery usage for monthly orders (photocopy papers, flip-charts papers, stationery for workshops and for office. etc.)
- Updating contact lists.
- Ensure proper archiving for staff files exists.
- Support with the preparation of meetings and workshops as needed and guided ( stationary , refreshments , hall bookings , reservations ).
- Ensure office maintenance is conducted , and office other equipments and supplies are provided as required.
- Keeping a tracking record for all office assets and maintain regular updates for the records.
- Documents and correspondence translation when required.
- Perform external coordination tasks as guided by the line manager.
- Support and facilitate travel requirements such as (accommodation , Ticketing , visa processing, and transportation).
- Provide Arabic-English translations as requested.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager.
2- Financial Taks
Prepare prepayment and accrual journals
- Record expenses in PeopleSoft using AP module and GL.
- Prepare bank orders for transfers and payments.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Monitor cash account reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to executive manager.
- Review payment vouchers and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with PILPG's financial guidelines.
- Maintain advance vouchers and ensure the advances are acquitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for subgrant contracts (Work with CAP's members to ensure compliance with CAP's financial guidelines).
- Maintain spreadsheet for Bank & cash.
- Provide information about cash-on-hand and bank balances for any currency upon request by authorized staff.
- File supporting financial documents.
- Work with external auditor as required.
- Coordinate with CAP team during external and internal audits.
Property management reconciliation:
- Responsible for property management and reconciliation between the register and the PILPG books and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Business Administration / management, or any high relevant experience in the field.
- Intermediate level in written and oral English proficiency.
- Minimum 1 year of bookkeeping and accounting experience.
- Experience in filing and safeguarding important documents.
- Experience in managing and reconciling petty cash.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiar with automated financial system.
- Good communication skills on the phone, social media , face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers , partners , members , and other colleagues.
- Previous experience in drafting / reviewing proposals budgets.
- Familiarity with procurement procedures is an asset.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of Peace building and sustainable development.
All applicants will be subject to Reference Checking Process. Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: email@example.com , stating the subject of the post as the email subject “ Administration and finance Officer”.
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application essential requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for receiving applications is : 6th December 2019
Posting date : 26th Nov 2019