Project Officer - SMED
Post Title: Project Officer - SMED
Organization: Social Fund for Development
Location: Aden post orientation and on-job training in SFD Head quarter
Duration: Full-time, including 3-6 months probationary period
No. of Incumbents: 1
Date Announced: November 27th, 2019
Closing Date: December 15th, 2019
Reporting To: SMED Unit head
The Small and Micro Enterprise Development (SMED) Unit is responsible for the implementation of the SMED program in the Social Fund for Development (SFD), aiming at poverty reduction. This is achieved by helping Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) increase their income, and create jobs by supporting the institutional and financial capacity of its partner institutions to enable them to provide both financial and non-financial services in a sustainable way. In addition, SMED plays a major role in developing the Financial Inclusion sector in Yemen, and is working towards attracting and assisting new players to join the sector.
The SMED Unit is looking for one project officer, to maintain sustainability and growth of Microfinance Institutions (MFIs), lead and manage current projects, and develop new projects.
The project officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintain a responsive relationship with the partner institutions and provide them with support and guidance to maintain their overall operations and services.
- Prepare and maintain microfinance project information, including Project Initiation Document, strategic and short-term plans, budgets, monthly and quarterly and other relevant reports.
- Create and design fund plans and provide technical assistant aligned with MFIs annual plans.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the respective projects as needed by the MFIs.
- Monitor and report progress against plans, quality and costs.
- Develop new projects that will serve MSMEs.
- Interpret, evaluate and compare different financial and operational reports and indicators of partner institutions, and provide a detailed analysis of their overall performance.
- Present written reports on partner institutions and compare those to general industry benchmarks and trends.
- Based on the analysis, recommend means and alternatives for the partner institutions to improve their overall operations and indicators and provide guidance in implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits on the projects being implemented and supervised.
- Maintain a strong relationship with partner institutions and other stake holders and assist the MFIs in securing their short term and long term financial, training, and technical assistance needs.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the microfinance industry and share information with SMED team and partner institutions.
Qualifications and skills:
The project officer must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor Degree as a minimum (Master's Degree preferred) from an accredited university in relevant field.
- Proven experience in Project Management.
- Experience working in a Multi-Cultural environment is preferred.
- Monitoring and evaluation knowledge is preferred.
- Good knowledge and experience in the banking sector in general and microfinance sector in specific in an added advantage.
- Proven innovative and analytical thinking.
- Proven strong communication, public relations, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (in writing and orally) in Arabic and English.
- Proven strong presentation skill.
- First register your profile at: SFD Recruitment System
- After creating your account, complete all section of your profile and submit.
- To further confirmation, send your CV to this email: email@example.com (Putting the job title as the email subject to be considered).
- Interested candidates should submit one-page cover letter explaining the applicant's interest and suitability for the position, indicating earliest joining date, and a C.V of no more than two pages, with at least two significant reference
- Submission of the above mentioned documents should be no later than December 15th, 2019. Applications received after the closing date shall not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For further information on SMED's interventions and indicators visit: smed.sfd-yemen.org