Ended Programme Assistant (MH /Admin)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (MH /Admin)
Organizational Unit: Migration Health
Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification: G 5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2019/211
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Tuesday 10, Dec 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Working the overall supervision of Migration Health Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Programme Support & Monitoring Officer, the Programme Assistant (MH) is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Carry out and coordinate all administrative tasks for the health programme and prepare monthly updates as required.
- Work with the Resources Management Units including Human Resources to update all processes and matrixes a and monitor implementation is within the Work Plan, identify deviations and suggest corrective solutions to the superiors including team issues in order to facilitate a streamlined approach where possible.
- Participate in the drafting of administrative standard operating procedures, in collaboration with the Migration Health Programme Coordinator, for admin related activities internally to the health unit and interactions with other units,
- Collection and compilation of activates and provide reports at weekly team meetings on PRF and PO status and human resources;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: University Degree in Business Administration, Management or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
Experience: Minimum 05 years of relevant experience (Three years for a University Degree holder) in an administrative, Programme Support, or management field; experience in the International Humanitarian Field is advantageous;
English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Identifies ways for their staff to develop their abilities and careers
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Holds directly reporting managers accountable for providing fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team Members
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Reporting Skills;
- Ability to pay dose attention to details and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills especially Ms Office and SAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Tuesday 10 Dec, 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2019/210 Sana’a, PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (MH /Admin) G5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 27. Nov.2019 to 10. Dec.2019