Ended Senior Finance Officer
JOB TITLE: Senior Finance Officer
Primary job location: Aden
Department / Service: Finance
Reporting: Finance Manager
Scope of intervention
Qualification/level of study:
- Minimum bachelor degree in finance and accounting
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience working in the finance department in national or international humanitarian organization
- Demonstrable experience in team management
- Good communication skills
- Arabic native speaker, with excellent English language skills (speak, read and write)
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of ACF
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
Overall objective of position
Manage the base bank books
- Monitor bank flows on daily basis
- Prepare the day to day external & internal payments (checks & transfers) before submitting for signature, in accordance with ACF Accountancy & Cash Management Policy
- Ensure financial transactions are accurately recorded in the bankbook in a timely manner, and are accompanied by relevant supporting documentation, duly signed and authorized by relevant budget holder
- Receive and check the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment (compliance with purchase voucher, required information)
- Check accuracy and consistency of purchase documentation and validation before releasing payment
- Update the bank books at real time on Excel and do the importation in SAGA
- Safe keeping of check books
- File invoices and HR documents according to accounting and HR procedures
- Prepare the monthly closer (documentation & SAGA), and the necessary adjustments after consulting with the Finance Manager
- Maintains and updates list of the bank signatories for all field offices and tracks changes ie additions and deletions of signatories
Support the Finance Manager in the general follow up of the administration of the base
- Provides timely support to the program and support teams on appropriate budget and allocation basis
- Offer possible accounting advance procedure improvements
- Follow up & assist the pre-auditors with the missing documents in accordance with the risk table
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity
- Translate accounting documents as needed
- Any other assignment requested by his/her supervisor
Professional relationships and their purpose
- Line Manager: Finance Manager
- Suppliers: external relation, payment.
This job description may be subject to permanent modifications resulting from developments in the Organisation's activities. These modifications will be defined and discussed by the employee in question and Action Contre la Faim.
Non-compliance with the terms of this job description will be sanctioned according to the disciplinary measures stipulated in the ACF Rules and Regulations.
Furthermore, as this is a generic job description, applicable across the entire Organisation, it may include an annexe that takes into consideration the specific context.
Finally, the job description may be accompanied by an individual action plan to support the employee in the fulfilment of a number of objectives therein specified. The time intervals for achieving these objectives are determined in function of the experience of the person recruited or promoted.
I, the undersigned, confirm that I have read and understood this job description. I agree to the tasks and responsibilities described above and the working conditions stipulated in the ACF Rules and Regulations.
“Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 11/Dec/2019.”