Ended Program Support Officer
Program Support Officer
Duty Station [Aden-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people in over 30 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in East Africa and Yemen (EAY) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programs through Country Offices (COs) in Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia/Djibouti, Yemen and Uganda/Tanzania with a Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
The Program Support Officer will be responsible for external relations and negotiations with key stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely project implementation. The Program Support Officer will also be responsible for the layout and design of reports, publications, graphics and other communication materials needed by DRC Yemen
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Area Manager in external relationships with authorities and government on programmatic issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of in-house creative media content and campaigns in various formats: videos, photographs, infographics, interactive online projects, websites, and animation projects.
- Maintain a database of all photographs, videos, designs, and graphics created by DRC within Yemen.
- Liaise with designers, printers and other contractors when needed.
- Follow up on the implementation of programmatic decisions taken by AM or Program Managers.
- Follow up with program team on the implementation of the action points taken during the monthly program meetings
- Support the AM in draft official letters for authorities
- Facilitate the connection of senior DRC staff with high-level authorities (Civil)
- Be responsible to prepare Project sub-agreements and follow up on the necessary negotiations.
- Support the AM and liaison department in building external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Works to support the AM in any other tasks related programs in order to ensure a smooth implementation of DRC program activities.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Skills and requirements:
- At least three years working on programs with basic understanding of WASH, FSL, Protection, Mine Action, Emergency Response
- Excellent planning, coordination and communication skills;
- Proven experience in negotiations desirable.
- Excellent English & Arabic (Verbal and Written);
- Excellent skills in MS Office, Adobe, Photoshop, and other creative media formats.
- Experience in the creation of infographics and graphic maps
- Ability/willingness to undertake frequent field visits and be a team player;
- Ability to work under pressure and insecure environment
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor Degree in any relevant discipline;
- Arabic - Fluent, reading and writing
- English - Fluent, reading and writing
DRC will offer the successful applicant a One Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Aden with frequent field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (NMH2).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 7 December 2019. The interviews are expected to take place starting from 17 December 2019.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo