Ended MEAL Officer - Hajjah
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit, Aden and Shabwa Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
MEAL Officer– 1 position
The MEAL Officer is responsible for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of ZOA Yemen’s field programs as well as the Beneficiary Feedback and Complaints Mechanism in the Programme Area.
I. Tasks, responsibilities, results
The MEAL Officer has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Implement the overall framework for project M&E
- Design and or provide inputs to technical surveys and assessments
- Contribute to the development of proposals and annual work plans on the M&E side
- Maintain and update existing indicator tracking tools and M&E documents
- Timely plan and initiate all M&E activities ( including needs assessments, baseline and end line surveys, KAP surveys, DDMs, PDMs and RTE of emergency programmes)
- Analyse data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues
- Conduct DDMs and PDMs including data analysis and report writing
- Establish and maintain the Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM)
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are addressed
- Ensure data collection is processed in digital data collection
- Ensure Sex, Age, Disability Disaggregated Data (SADD), Accountability and Gender standards are consistently adhered in data collection and programme delivery
- Train project officers, project assistants and other data collection teams in conducting assessment and ensure the later are conducted during proposal and induction phases
- Use innovative approaches to collect data such as KOBO, ODK and WASH ‘Em
Data analysis and reporting:
- Analyse data from needs assessments and discuss main findings with the Area Manager/Programme Manager and the program team
- Review all survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting
- Integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way
- Produce MEAL reports to Area Manager, Programme Manager and MEAL Coordinator
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- PHERE Handbook
- WASH and FSA Humanitarian standards for emergency contexts like Yemen
- Capacity building experience in project monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
- Information and Communication Technology for Development and Emergency (ICT4D/E) activities.
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and analysis.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out
- Experience in indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
- Computer knowledge including Word, Excel, and Power Point (additional experience with R, Access or SPSS is preferred).
- Strong skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
III. Special requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field (Development or Social Studies). Postgraduate training in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years field experience of conducting Monitoring and Evaluation in a relief or development environment.
- Demonstrated experience in program design monitoring and evaluation or management, having served at such a position before for at least three years.
- Previous experience with major donor proposal M&E requirements (USAID, DfID, EC, UN agencies preferred).
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2020 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy. Kindly put the following in the subject field: MEAL Officer- Hajjah
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المدينة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 8th of December 2019