Ended Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
Department: Mentoring and Evaluation Department
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
GC is seeking a professional for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer in Aden, Yemen. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist and will be primarily responsible to ensure that all information and data from the field is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes.
- Coordinate with M&E and program team to provide timely inputs for activity, monthly and quarterly progress reports and any other required reports.
- Develop monthly reports on GC’s activities to feed into donors reporting system
- Oversee GC’s efforts to collect, write and document success stories, including working with members of the partners team
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager in responding to requests from donor regarding the status of programs/activities and/or other issues
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents;
- Provide relevant expert services to the project management unit and program components on reporting and communications and act as a facilitator or trainer;
- Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, facilitate project review and evaluation
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team in developing systems for screening and selecting beneficiaries, including assisting in the design of relevant tools when necessary.
- Work with other members of the GC team to design relevant monitoring forms and conduct training for staff on the correct use of such forms.
- Conduct field visits on a frequent basis when security permits to community project sites to monitor community / stakeholder participation, project activities, provide technical assistance and troubleshoot along with the partners’ team.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates to M&E Specialist of the Indicator Tracking Table
- Assist in data entry and ensure proper filing of M&E documents.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager and Specialist to develop evaluation tools and sampling methods and protocols.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative surveys of program impact to assure the project goals are being met and that the GC team is able to constantly improve the quality of program implementation.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist developing M&E manuals and updating them according to the changes of the programs whenever required.
- Work on GIS software or any other required software to export required maps for the reporting purposes.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
University degree preferably in Development studies, Information Technology, Business or other related fields is required and 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity required.
From December 2019 until March 31, 2020, with the possibility of extension.
- Application should consist of detailed resume or CV. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and Educational history background.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 8th of December 2019 will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.