Ended Area Procurement Assistant
CARE International is currently seeking an Area Procurement Assistant. He/ She will be responsible for ensuring that mission and project wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information.
Area Procurement Assistant
The Area Procurement Assistant reports to the Area Procurement Officer. And will be responsible for ensuring that mission and project wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information.
Execute The Procurement Of Budgeted And Non-Budgeted Items According To The Procurement Policies And Procedures:
- Prepare vendor form and enter vendors in the system.
- Purchase goods and services as per organization policy.
- Prepare Request for quotation, bid summaries and purchase orders, request quotes from suppliers, collect bids and evaluate quotes.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best terms of service including price, delivery, payments and after sales service.
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant departments and functions regarding delivery of supplies while keeping all parties informed of any changes.
- Insure all payments to vendors are done without any delay and Follow up with finance regarding this.
File and Archive Documents:
- Maintain and keep files for purchase orders, quotations, contracts, tenders, and internal purchase requisitions.
- Ensure all the procurement documents are filed appropriately and are easy to access.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
- University Diploma in business management or related field.
- 2 years of experience in logistics or procurement.
- Excellent with computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good English language skills.
- High integrity.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Able to work under pressure as part of a busy team.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices.
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Interested applicants should send a CV (in English) by Dec 12th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Area Procurement Assistant / Hajja + Your full name’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise, you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.