Deputy Area Manager
CARE International in Yemen is currently seeking for Deputy Area Manager to assist with the planning, coordination, development and administration program and projects.
Deputy Area Manager
Deputy Area Manager reports to Area Manger. He/She will be managerially and technically responsible for supporting of implementation of all relevant Humanitarian and development Program activities in Hajjah. This will include manage the field operations, administration, logistic and procurement. Furthermore, He/She will support program monitoring, evaluation and reporting. Deputy Area Manager should be able to handle the day-to-day tasks of the manager if he is absent. He/She has to ensure that all CARE policies and procedures are implemented, followed and accountable.
Program management and quality:
- Support the Area Manager, in the oversight of all aspects of day to day Management of the Area Program.
- As agreed with the Area Manager to provide direct operational line management to the specific project/program (Line Management).
- To support the Area Manager in the oversight of recruitment, induction, supervision, staff development and performance management.
- Manage inception activities including ensuring plans are shared with relevant stakeholders, tools/manuals/systems are established, etc.
- Coordinate with implementing partners to ensure the development of work-plans according to proposal document.
- Develop individual operation plans with staff, annual reviews and work-plans and ensure the program’s interventions are implemented in line with the projects proposals and contracts.
- Provide regular updates and standardized reports to the Area Manager on the Emergency/Development interventions and their status/quality of implementation.
- Assist assuring that all staff operating under the auspices of the Area are kept informed of organizational policies and best practice in a timely way.
- In consultation with the Area Manager and other members of the Area team, being involved with the establishment, planning, management and/or delivery of new projects/programs.
- Assist managing and supervising designated members of the Area team, including regular review of their work.
- Ensure the program assets are managed in a proper and safe manner, and comprehensive asset registers are regularly maintained
- Represent CARE Yemen at relevant meetings and forums at the field level as requested.
- Ensure timely project procurement in accordance with Donors and CARE’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and appropriate logistical arrangements.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
Partnerships and coordination:
- Coordinate with relevant partners and stakeholders as relevant to the programs implementation and to ensure program effectiveness.
- Manage the relationship with the implementing partners if available to ensure all activities under their responsibilities are fulfilled effectively, accountably and based on the agreed plan.
- Provide regular updates on the quality of partners’ interventions.
- Support a good relationship with relevant governmental agencies across the areas of intervention as requested.
- Ensure linkages with relevant stakeholders/partners with and external to CARE in key technical areas to ensure that learning from one can benefit the others.
Capacity building of project team and partners:
- Coordination of all training events, including assessment, design, implementation and monitoring of workshops and training events for staff and partners.
- Provide regular mentoring of field staff and local partners to ensure all programs outcomes are delivered effectively accountably.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of training tools for program activities
- Design and deliver training and workshops.
- Coordinate the capacity development of partner agencies, including assessment, planning, delivery and monitoring.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Write the donor requested reports based on the information from the field and from the implementing partners for onward submission to the Area Manager.
- Prepare and review any needed reports (audits, monthly, monitoring and evaluation reports, human interest/success stories etc.).
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial reports and compliance with donor agreements.
- Work with the Area Manager to ensure that qualitative and quantitative data is of quality.
- Ensure the accuracy of implementing partner reports and timely submissions.
- Assist technical staff to develop appropriate monitoring tools and that program staff is sensitized in their use.
- Monitor the implementation of variety of the programs activities according to the log-frames for the purpose of achieving objectives and outcomes and within the defined intervention timeframes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Agriculture, or related field experience.
- 3-4 years of experience working in project management, preferably in humanitarian context
- Experience in community mobilization, managing local partnerships and organizational capacity building.
- Experience in capacity building, program design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working and managing staff across multiple sites/projects.
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E activities.
- Experience working with host communities and internally displaced persons (IDPs) and understanding their special needs is desirable.
- Solid understanding of conflict management and conflict sensitive program approache.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: able to relate and communicate with confidence and professionalism to CARE’s stakeholders.
- Working competence in Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint.
- ability to be resourceful in the face of obstacles.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage varied workload.
- Ability to manage stress, problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Interested applicants should send a CV (in English) by Dec 15th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Deputy Area Manager / Hajja + Your full name’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.