Ended Explosive Ordnance Disposal Assistant (4)
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Assistant (4 positions)
Duty Station [Mocha-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job:
DDG EOD Assistant will be responsible to conduct EOD Spot Task activities in South Yemen for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Support EOD TL during all EOD and other applicable activities.
- Contribute to the self-development of EOD skills for Spot Task Teams
- Submit timely information to TL regarding reports.
- Support EOD Spot Task Team Leader during operations.
- Identify and eliminate dangerous practices during operations.
- Ensure all SOPs, guidelines and safety procedures are adhered throughout the activities.
- Adhere to all local safety rules as per DRC/DDG policies in Yemen.
- Support EOD Spot Task Team members in emergency situations.
- Report any security issues to EOD TL during and after operations.
- Assist TL in conducting post-evaluation after each task.
- Regularly inspect and ensure all equipment is serviceable and in working conditions.
- Assist TL to Liaise and manage with locals during operations.
- Adhere to all EOD safety precautions.
- Ensure that equipment, explosive material and vehicles is secure during operations.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned after operations and report unserviceable items to TL..
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in humanitarian mine action and full understanding of its technical requirements.
- IMAS EOD 2 qualification and previous work experience as a Deminer.
- Experience of working in challenging and insecure environments.
- Must be able to work in team environment.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be in good physical condition and health.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• IMAS EOD 2 qualifications
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic.
- Command of English desirable
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract ends in 31 December 2020, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Mocha.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I Non- Manager).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 15 December 2019. The interviews are expected to take place on 22 December.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo