Ended IT Assistant
Job Title: IT Assistant
Location: Country Office/Sana’a
Reporting to: Operations
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 26 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2019 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
Establish and maintain a well-functioning IT system, provide technological support to other departments, and minimize IT risks to provide a healthy information system to HA.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintenance of IT infrastructures and software:
- Manage the day to day duties of the IS Assistant - ensuring all software related helpdesk calls are dealt with in line with agreed SLAs
- Ensure the Group’s software products are available at all times should a disaster recovery situation arise, as well as keep a successful backup of HA’s database.
- Support IT manager to provide training and advice to colleagues, and sometimes clients, on the use of electronic information services.
- Ensure that the Group’s software products are maintained and kept up to date (with upgrades, patches and hot fixes) at all times. This will include the server and desktop platforms
- Monitor the network infrastructure for any problems that may cause disruption to the Associations software products.
- Work with relevant Departments provide proactive in-house development of the Group’s software products with subsequent implementation such as running effective enquiry and current awareness or 'alerting' services and develop communications strategies to monitor IT system
- Respond to enquirers' requests, including using IT facilities, software, electronic and printed resources, and Act in a pivotal role between HA and software providers for helpdesk calls that cannot be resolved in house.
- Work with external consultants to enhance the systems as and when required.
- Generate, automate and produce operational reports and management information, adhering to defined templates and ensuring compliance with information security protocols, to conduct effective IT audits
- Develop and manage electronic resources using, for example, online databases and content management systems
- Design for the web in collaboration with marketing department to implement marketing strategies of HA
- University degree in Computer Science and other related field.
- Knowledge and qualification in a vocational or specialized field short of a Degree Level. For example, HNC/HND/AAT. (NVQ-4).
- At least 2 years of experience working in IT department, preferably with INGOs.
- A strong knowledge of the specific technologies that are used by HA.
- Strong English and Arabic language speaking and writing abilities.
- Plans and arranges own work to meet set objectives, rather than working to prescribed procedures. Required to show initiative in the use of skills related to the work.
- Requiring discretion and judgement. Knowledge of a variety of procedures, methods and techniques required.
- Country Office/Sana’a
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15 / December/ 2019