50% in ABS PROJECT and 50% in Hajja Project - Hajja Governorate
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the position of DOCTOR ANAESTHESIST to execute the following tasks:
Main Purpose: Organize and carry out anaesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anaesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anaesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anaesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained..
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc.)
- Organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and participate and carry-out other team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.), in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
Doctor Anaesthetist diploma recognized by the state essential.
Desirable, two year experience as an anaesthetist. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
Mission language essential, local language desirable.
- People Management.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English and/or Arabic and a scan of their diploma(s) to the email address: email@example.com before 15th December 2019.
Original diplomas and a valid work licence from the medical council in Sanaa will be requested during the interviews.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.